What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
Full on electric shock today, across both arms, working on a heating panel, got aching elbows now, at least the ticker is still going.

I think I’ve only ever had one brief tingly 240V shock when my arm brushed against a hanging wire. Had plenty of 25,000V+ ones from cars though but with not many amps behind them and sometimes I might be lazing on the sofa and the dog jumps on me for a cuddle and we get a static shock that makes us both jump. Still don’t like any of 'em!

I might be lazing on the sofa and the dog jumps on me for a cuddle and we get a static shock that makes us both jump. Still don’t like any of 'em!

I remember my first job after leaving school. It was a very large office and i would often walk the full length of the office dragging my feet on the nylon carpet, sneak up behind someone sitting behind a desk and slowly slowly put my finger towards their earlobe and watch the 'lightning' strike their lobe with a loud crack.

Sponsored Links
I remember my first job after leaving school. It was a very large office and i would often walk the full length of the office dragging my feet on the nylon carpet, sneak up behind someone sitting behind a desk and slowly slowly put my finger towards their earlobe and watch the 'lightning' strike their lobe with a loud crack.
Hmmm rings a bell

When I was an apprentice, we had a man from Mauritius called Abdul who was a mechanic. He could pull the lead off of a spark plug on a running engine, put his finger in it and put his nose next to the bonnet rod and let the HT sparks jump from his nose to the rod without even flinching! The bastard would also do the same and grab hold of you when you were walking past!

Took my mums dog out for a quick walk round the block and had a chance to see, close up, what I’ve been seeing for a while now. I always thought these were either mapp gas canisters or mastic tubes that have been dropped out of the back of vans. Turns out they are the super size gas canisters that they use to fill balloons with to inhale instead of those tiny silver ones. I suppose they are easier to pick up than a couple of boxes of tiny ones that they lob out of their car windows!

AA6CF7EA-66D4-416F-B83A-A0EC0BEDE4B7.jpeg
F6FB1384-937D-40BA-8DE2-75EDC5C7CF34.jpeg

Last edited:
Bit of a day today. It’s the MIL's 82nd birthday and….she was taken into hospital yesterday! We think she's got a touch of the Alka seltzers coming on but she appears to have not eaten or drunk any water for the past two days despite assuring Mrs Mottie that she had so she went downhill pretty rapidly. Can’t remember what she did ten minutes ago but the only thing she can remember is our phone number! We had a phone call at 1.00am on Friday morning telling us she didn’t feel well. Mrs Motties sister who lives near her went round on Friday morning, phoned the GP and took a wee sample up to the surgery where they tested it, called for an ambulance and whipped her off to hospital. She was not pleased as she hasn’t been in a hospital since Mrs Motties brother was born in 1970! Anyway, they’ve hydrated her and she's picked up a fair bit although we got a call from her again at 11.45 last night on the ward nurses mobile telling us that she was in a mental hospital in a school in Plaistow, East London (where she grew up). Oh, and she told them she's 53 years old! Mrs Mottie calmed her down and spoke to the nurse who confirmed they had just moved her to a frailty ward in the same hospital. Mrs Mottie visited her today and she is much, much better - laughing and joking but she's still not 100% and they are still carrying out tests. All of this wouldn’t be a problem but our son is getting married tomorrow and it’s put a bit of a dampener on it for everyone. Still, her health is the most important thing and we have promised to film as much as it as we can for her and we are going to have a combined birthday/family wedding breakfast when she’s better.

Gained a daughter in law to add to our in law collection yesterday! We've had one of each this year - they don’t come cheap! Had a great time only slightly marred by the brides father accidentally knocking a whole glass of red wine over the brides dress, face and hair on the top table at the very start of the wedding reception. :eek: Glad it wasn’t me - it looks could kill we'd have had a murder on our hands. :ROFLMAO: Undeterred, he went on in his speech to praise her dress and mention the fact that he was responsible for decorating it. Brave man!

I had my very own mini-me following me around all day!

82B8E31D-C31D-4110-BA9F-2E6078EA264C.jpeg

Gained a daughter in law to add to our in law collection yesterday! We've had one of each this year - they don’t come cheap! Had a great time only slightly marred by the brides father accidentally knocking a whole glass of red wine over the brides dress, face and hair on the top table at the very start of the wedding reception. :eek: Glad it wasn’t me - it looks could kill we'd have had a murder on our hands. :ROFLMAO: Undeterred, he went on in his speech to praise her dress and mention the fact that he was responsible for decorating it. Brave man!

I had my very own mini-me following me around all day!

View attachment 278048
Sounds like a typical TOWIE wedding...

Did you all get your gold medallions out to celebrate the event?

And why do you think it's fun to tease a dog?

Sounds like a typical TOWIE wedding...

Did you all get your gold medallions out to celebrate the event?
Eh? What made it a Towie wedding? What have Gold medallions got to do with anything? Are any of your kids married or got kids of their own are are they going to leave it late in life like you did before 'taking the plunge'?

Evicted another illegal immigrant from the butternut squash bed on the allotment tonight. Took a picture just for @conny

2E443E19-0A36-43DD-B4BD-41DD9A48F843.jpeg

I get this Robin watching me every time I’m working over there. It’s been so dry lately I haven’t been able to find him a worm which makes me feel guilty!

28D119BA-5A22-441E-9FCE-2DD0259B7E21.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Back