What have you been doing today?

Took delivery of our new Eve Hybrid mattresses today. Will be unrolling them tomorrow so should be able to report what my first night's sleep was like on Saturday or soon after.

Sponsored Links
Fell off my bike today! I was pulling in to the loading lay-by at our local department store today and I had to go up a less than 1” kerb and…well, I don’t know what happened but next minute the handlebars were jerked out of my hands and I was on my arse on the pavement. I was going no more than 3mph at the time but I think I attempted to take it at far to shallow an angle - you would have thought I'd tried to jump a 6” kerb at a 2° angle. Several people including a delivery driver rushed to my assistance but I was in fits of laughter at the stupidity of it! Anyway, the delivery driver helped me pick the bike up, I parked it up and went inside. I’m home now and my left foot is a bit sore where the bike must have fallen on it. A few more battle scars for the old commuter scooter. :ROFLMAO:

Fell off my bike today!

Serves you right, what sensible person would drive a machine, which falls over when you slow down? ;)

There is a technique for picking them up, which I learned by lots of personal practice. You squat down, with your back to the bike, so you can grab hold of the handlebars, plus something solid on the under side with the other hand, behind your back. You then push up, with your legs.

Went out for a meal with our daughter and her husband tonight over North London to celebrate my birthday. They insisted on paying and wouldn’t have it when I tried to give them half. She also got me a present. She had asked Mrs Mottie what I would like and was told that I wanted a frost heater for my greenhouse over the allotment. She got me a really nice one. Only trouble it was electric and we don’t have electric over the allotment! She's sending it back and sending me a link for the place so that I can can choose a Parrafin one.

Sponsored Links
My Crucial SSD drive was delivered mid-week, but I have been waiting for delivery of a USB to SATA adaptor, to enable me to clone the drive in my old spare laptop, to the new SSD. Delayed due to the postal strikes. The adaptor turned up this morning, so I started the Crucial version of the Acronis clone process. It's showing it should take around 4.5 hours - around 150Mb of data, on a 1Gb HDD, to clone to a 500Mb SSD, then I actually need to install the drive, in the laptop.

Bike ride to test out my new balaclava/buff combo, works a treat no more cold ears / cheeks , ordered a one piece thermal undie set to sort out the other peripherals

Went on the first pheasant shoot of the season. It was well late this year - should have been in October but had trouble sourcing the chicks due to avian flue. Ended up paying double for them from a British breeder but had to wait until they were 20 weeks old. The dog loved it and is now zonked out in front of the radiator. She'll be out all night.

I did a few miles and it’s not just casual walking - it’s plodding through mud covered fields and through brambles. Very tiring.

5FA89B03-01DD-4E91-8DF5-95CD30C29EC7.jpeg

Last edited:
Not today but yesterday.

Went to Chester to drop number three and two of his friends off for rugby training.

Our Honda now has 168K on the clock. I'm positive 165K of those are rugby miles....

Went into the centre of Chester and had a quiet drink in an old pub where you can't use any tech.

It was like going back in time and prompted me to ask Mrs Secure what decade she would go back to (as an adult) if she could choose.

Which then led on to a discussion about it would depend whether she was working or middle or upper class.

It was like being in a pub in the 60's with no jukebox and everyone nattering.

I had a nice AF beer.

1670102830712.png

Not today but yesterday.

Went to Chester to drop number three and two of his friends off for rugby training.

Our Honda now has 168K on the clock. I'm positive 165K of those are rugby miles....

Went into the centre of Chester and had a quiet drink in an old pub where you can't use any tech.

It was like going back in time and prompted me to ask Mrs Secure what decade she would go back to (as an adult) if she could choose.

Which then led on to a discussion about it would depend whether she was working or middle or upper class.

It was like being in a pub in the 60's with no jukebox and everyone nattering.

I had a nice AF beer.

View attachment 287771

You are talking my language! Pubs, Chester, Sam Smiths, 1960s.

Still been feeling shìt as I have been for the last two weeks.

Been like a yo yo feel I'm getting better then back down again.

Called 111. They got me an ambulance... I'm pretty embarrassed as all I wanted was some drugs.

Ambulance come and they have taken me in. I still feel a fraud but my temp has been as high as 39.4
And my blood pressure is low.

Testing me for Septsis

Well I wasn't expecting that

Last edited:
Blimey, Bod.

Are you still in there?

Yes taken off oxygen just on fluids and making tests.

Reading up I've had most of the symptoms but I feel better than I was this evening. Temp is noeb36 ish but sweating alot when I was sleeping. I just think they are being cautious

Sponsored Links
Back