What have you been doing today?

I thought I’d make myself a nice fresh crusty loaf for lunch today - I hadn’t baked a loaf for ages. Unfortunately my flour was absolutely riddled with :sick: weevils :sick:. Luckily my strong white and wholemeal flour along with my sachets of yeast are all kept in a large Tupperware container so the little buggers were contained. I’ve never seen weevils before - they are the size of an ants testicle and there were thousands of them all moving about like little space invaders. Yuk! It must have been ages since I last made a loaf because the yeast had a best before date of August so the yeast and the flours all went in the outside bin and the container was given a good hot wash. Where do they come from? Were the weevil eggs present in the flour when I bought it?
Yeah, they are in the flour. Normally, they don't hatch but if the flour is old, they can. Bit weird thinking that when you eat stuff made from flour, you're eating the weevil eggs....

Sponsored Links
Yeah, they are in the flour. Normally, they don't hatch but if the flour is old, they can. Bit weird thinking that when you eat stuff made from flour, you're eating the weevil eggs....

2C16401D-A24E-4A0E-9FA2-DF31B8F20872.gif

Having an overnighter in Cambridge with a bit of Christmas shopping thrown in. Been to the Fitzwilliam museum today. Seen some paintings from some very well known artists. Monet, Gainsborough, Hockney, Picasso etc. Oh, and I saw a bloke playing a guitar and singing from inside a dustbin! Mrs Mottie has picked a nice hotel and we are having a bit of fine dining later.
6F11980E-9428-43AD-8DCF-288B62970FC8.jpeg

55ABA76E-D131-406D-84EB-170B06666634.jpeg

D0A4B458-9551-405F-8A8E-7CC026736633.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Still got a sheet of 22 Milli P5 left over from bedroom refurbishment. It was £15 from Wickes. The same sheet today is £25.

Going to put it on eBay, along with some other stuff I am struggling to part with, like a 1986 Sanyo part tower system and speakers.

Just can't get it together and do it.

Mr Procrastination. Mrs Secure has this concept to deal with things you don't want to do.

She says imagine you have a frog on your desk and you can't get on with the rest of your day until you have eaten it.

Well, this stuff accumulating in the lounge is my frog.

Also my frog is the garage. It desperately needs tidying and sorting through, but I can't face it.

I get threats of D.I.V.O.R.C.E. before I go in there and begin to sort it.

The biggest problem is I am under pressure to get rid of stuff. Hate doing that.

I am firmly in the "if I get rid of that, I'll need it next week!" camp.....

I did sell off a load of stock left over from my S/E days on eBay a few years ago, and weighed in shoite-loads of cable, but have since bought the same items to do leccy jobs at home over the years since selling it, which only serves to reinforce my "hoarding" belief.

I'm a right mess!
I seem to get everything arse about face on eBay...the items I think will sell either don't or sell for a lot less that I thought they would. And the things I think aren't worth anything I put on eBay just to see if there's any interest and they fly.....

The sheet of chip went for a fiver. The Sanyo thing has not sold after weeks so I'm thinking of sticking it on the tip. I even put it up for 99p, but no-one wants it, so it looks like it's going.

Shame.

I also have a job lot of 9 X PAR38 garden spike floods with 80W lamps included. No one wants those either.

Did a bit of my homework. I'll have it checked before I send it in, there's a couple that I'm not sure of.

20221128_115959.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back