What have you been doing today?

I've been watering my seedlings over where I do voluntary gardening. Delighted to see some of the approx 1500 sunflower seeds I put in start to come up! Hopefully, even with slugs munching, they'll be enough for it to look lovely this late summer :)
Never been one for gardening, but have planted some veg seeds that were laying around. Packets had sow before 2015, some have taken, runner beans and peas, loads of aubergines, planted some seeds straight out of a pepper, got about 20 of them sprouting. Did grow some runner beans a couple of years ago, love eating them straight off the plant.

Sponsored Links
Never been one for gardening, but have planted some veg seeds that were laying around. Packets had sow before 2015, some have taken, runner beans and peas, loads of aubergines, planted some seeds straight out of a pepper, got about 20 of them sprouting. Did grow some runner beans a couple of years ago, love eating them straight off the plant.
Oh yes, I remember - you're not supposed to coz they can be poisonous, lol. Guess you lived to tell the tale :) Good luck with the rest, hope get a good crop :)
Ooh, fresh peas out the pod are the best! Never cooked a single pea yet, always eaten fresh in the sunshine.

You should really give it a go, it's very therapeutic and extremely rewarding.. not mandatory of course.

You should really give it a go, it's very therapeutic and extremely rewarding.. not mandatory of course.
The problem is we have 2 dogs,one of them, a Golden retriever, has a thing about stones, she will somehow sniff out and dig up a stone, quite remarkable really. All of a sudden she will excavate at quite a pace, and then run off with a nice "juicy" stone, and roll it around in her mouth. I tried fencing a bit of garden off, but she can clear almost a metre high from standing.

Sponsored Links
Last year I had 4-5 hedgehog visitors every night over the summer. One night, having 4 in the garden at once, 2 of them started the mating dance. Little did I know, this went on for hours and they completely destroyed all my plants by stomping over them - ripped em to shreds. So... this year I've fenced off a bit :)

Finally finished off the painting the fence. For speed when doing the back of my fence in the alley, used a wallpaper pasting brush. Trouble is, it didn’t half flick the paint everywhere. Luckily I was wearing a rubber glove on my right hand so it kept it clean.:rolleyes:

8ABAFD45-F97E-44CD-970F-78BBB18C246F.jpeg

Right, a quick dash over the allotment now to water my crops then back in time for the 8.00 clap. Tonight I’m going to make my dog howl by playing my harmonica. :mrgreen:

Back to post #411.....the litter picking is done for now, one large bin bag full per mile (each way :eek:) Just got to pick up the remnants of a Renault Megane wheel arch next time the van is mobile. There's also a Merc Kompressor front bumper in the hedge.
The vast majority of the junk consists of energy drink bottles and choccy bar wrappers......I do hope it's not the cyclists as we are on a popular circuit. Next popular are Fosters cans and Budweiser bottles. The Fosters I can live with, but Budweiser? :(
On to post 512, the car cleaning continues.....tomorrow we have the delights of a Nissan Leaf, a Citroen Berlingo Multispace and a Toyota Rav 4.
John :)

this is normally a busy 6 lane motorway, today it felt much quieter. All the cars and trucks have gone
xdiy_0716.JPG

Well, that was a particularly excellent show tonight. Seems more people were out or at least more noise was made as plenty of neighbours had pots and pans tonight. I got my dog howling like a wolf with my harmonica and the old retired school teacher dug out her old school whistle and joined in. I think it’s bringing people together more. Brilliant!

Does he pay you for it

No, he doesn't cultivate that close to our garden so we get the pleasure of seeing, what looks like, a continuation of our lawn.
He does allow me to 'dispose of my green waste around the edges of the field as we both agreed, twigs, branches etc can make good homes for some of the wildlife and grass cuttings and leaves just mulch down into the earth.

I’ ve got a hole to fill in then home for mojitos in the hot tub :)

Sponsored Links
Back