What have you been doing today?

When did it stop being called Bacon and Egg Flan?
Never started! It's always been Egg and Bacon flan but Quiche Lorraine is just a tad more than eggs and bacon.

And do real mean still not eat it?

Of course real men eat it - I'm a prime example! This is my current favourite:

1671717828816.png

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Today I have popped up to the workshop. Not officially starting back until January so I brought that MTB that a neighbour gave me up to the workshop but mainly I had to come up to find out whether the students C&G certificates that I applied for just before the Xmas break had been delivered - I didn't want them left in the post box until the new year. Luckily, all seven certificates were in the box so no chasing up needed. Of course, while I was here I got involved in stripping off the tyres from another bike to fit on the new one, then I logged on here, then..... Oh sod it, I'm going home now. Definitely!

Never started! It's always been Egg and Bacon flan but Quiche Lorraine is just a tad more than eggs and bacon.

Mystery solved (y)

Of course real men eat it - I'm a prime example! This is my current favourite:

That looks really nice! Would you have that hot or cold?

It's reminded me of something Aldi no longer do. Mini breaded goats cheeses with cranberry sauce. I used to love those.

Sponsored Links
At garage, due to a god-awful rumbling noise from the rear wheels.

Turns out one calliper has got stuck, and the inboard brake pad has been stuck on. Down to the metal.........

New pads and discs ordered..........can't be fitted until after Christmas though.

Fitted seven hand dryers, one urinal auto flush unit, four floodlights, reconfigured some office lighting in a school, nice work.

Odd coincidence, went for a routine blood test, pulled into car park and saw a guy sat in a car, looked like a former workmate - Terry, but it wasn't, walked into the waiting room, there was Terry sat there.

I went for a walk along the back of the airport and I saw this. There was another with orange stripes.
20221222_150855.jpg

Well, no luck again. Beginning to lose hope now. Just tried it with some washing up liquid. Foam everywhere, even coming out of the drawer! I kept stopping it, draining, rinsing, draining, rinsing…..finally got rid of the bubbles. Just put it on a quick wash with another towel with some bio powder and Mrs Mottie says leave it alone with door open today to see if smell evaporates. Can’t see it myself but we’ve tried everything else so why not. Weirdly, with the washer going practically all day, we only used just over a quids worth more electricity yesterday compared to what we normally use.

Edit: Smells okay to me (again) after a quick wash so I’m going to give it one more for luck!
I think it’s almost sorted. Started washing clothes in it now - mine of course - with bio powder and only the faintest whiff of Parrafin. Washed my work clothes first and I've just finished a dark wash with a pair of my good jeans, my Rab hiking trousers and a pair of my jogging bottoms. Passable and getting better with every wash now. Hoping there's no long term damage to the rubber components in the machine but only time will tell. Lesson learned….maybe! :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Back