What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
I went to do a survey a few hours from home on a Saturday morning a few years back in a tiny village in the middle of nowhere, I arrived about 6am so as I wouldn't get stuck there for the whole day but soon realised I absolutely had to do a No2 and nowhere open or public loos available (property had no loo) so ended up driving out of the village and found a convenient farmers field. At least I've always had the forethought to carry some bog roll in my surveying bag.
Family driving past.

Child: Mummy, what's that in the field?
Mum: Emmm, it's a scarecrow!!!

:)

Trying to get a couple of oldish laptops to run Windows 10. Think I'm fighting a loosing battle. Can't stand the thought of scrapping them.

Sponsored Links
Just went to help myself to some quality streets to have with my evening cuppa and I was confronted with this:

861B9304-BF93-4D65-BAD0-96A1AC1680FC.jpeg

Nah, I’ll pass. I'll leave them for the kids with no fillings!

SSD?

SSD turned my old, slow laptop around, it now runs quite a bit faster than my most recent one.

Same here, but on my 12 year old Acer desktop. Couple of years ago a friend swapped the old style HD for SSD and it transformed a flagging old system. Performance is lightning to what it used to be and handles Windows 10 with ease that my friend upgraded to at the same time.

Last edited:
Scrabbling around two lofts on my belly, with a pencil torch in my mouth. while trying to drag three rolls of 200mm Knauf around.
Sweated like a robber's 'oss.

Couldn't fit through the hole to lag the roofspace above the kitchen, so sat on the stairs for a bit, and had a thunk.

Deciding that insulation works best when taken out of the polythene and rolled out somewhere, I lagged the fudge out of every loft part I could get to.
The kitchen will be done once I've cut some or more of the ceiling out (y)

Same here, but on my 12 year old Acer desktop. Couple of years ago a friend swapped the old style HD for SSD and it transformed a flagging old system. Performance is lightning to what it used to be and handles Windows 10 with ease that my friend upgraded to at the same time.
To think we can now get 2TB SSD storage this size. This kind of progress is, to me, genuine progress.

To think we can now get 2TB SSD storage this size. This kind of progress is, to me, genuine progress.

and to think they used to say that no one would ever need more than 64k of memory in a machine and we used to manage with 720k floppies for storage.

Sponsored Links
Back