What have you been doing today?

I was sitting reading news on laptop and listeningtotheradio. I could hear a JCB working, it's digging a track for a new water main.
Then I couldn't hear the JCB nor the radio.
Yep, he's gone and damaged the power cable.
So, I came to sit here.
20230201_122155.jpg
I can now see that the water in the pool is circulating so the power must be back on, I'm going to make a sandwich.

Sponsored Links
I can now see that the water in the pool is circulating so the power must be back on, I'm going to make a sandwich.

I take it you're not sitting outside in Jockland as you're foot's not turned blue. Can I ask are you on long hol, or do you own a property elsewhere?

Friend in local retired about 3 years ago, no responsibilities. 3rd of Jan every year he disappears to Gran Canarial like a migrating bird, and reappears 3 months later when things start getting milder. Seems like an eminently sensible plan. First week, he's drowning in San Miguel, then he stabilises and starts pacing himself and living more healthily. To say I'm envious...........................

Sponsored Links
when I got home I found my new British passport had been delivered.
Is that the new blue one* printed in Poland by a French-Dutch company ?

*The colour of which wasn't prohibited when the UK was in the EU ;)

Today I’ve done a bit of electrickery fault finding. I noticed that my firestick wasn't running as good as usual. Checked the connection and it was running on Wifi. It should have been running on the ethernet. Checked the TV. Same thing. Got my cable tester out and all the connections were good from the ethernet switch to the various ethernet sockets. Same with the connection to the switch from the router. I brought the telly down from the bedroom and plugged a lead from the router directly into the tv. It worked on the ethernet. Same with the firestick. I thought it must be a faulty ethernet switch so I put everything back together…….and everything started working! Don’t know what I did - maybe a faulty connection from the router to the ethernet? Maybe switching things off and switching them back on cured it? Who knows - I’m still chalking it up as a fix. :giggle:

I had an advisory on the Honda's tyres ..

There was more than 3mm all round.

???

Sponsored Links
Back