What have you been doing today?

I bought just over a hundred quids worth of dog meds (just one months supply!) for my mums dog the other day and took them round to her. Got a call at gone 11.00 last night telling me the bottles were empty. Said I’d come round in the morning (today) and it wouldn’t hurt the dog to miss one tablet but she said she'd looked everywhere including turning the waste bin out and don’t know where they’ve gone and she thinks SHE may have taken them! After asking her if she had started barking or scooting around on the carpet I had to get dressed and go round there. There on the table were the two bottles and inside the bottles …..were the tablets! Admittedly, the tablets for her small dog are the size of match heads (and even they have to be cut in half with a pill cutter) so they felt empty but being half deaf she couldn’t hear or feel them when the bottle was rattled. After that, she said "While you're here, can you look at my iPad, it’s playing up"? "No I ****ing can’t, goodnight" and I left. Parents!

Sponsored Links
Sprung a leak in my Aigle wellies. Found a small crack on the upper. Didn’t want to buy another pair quite yet as I won’t be using them much longer this year so I carried out a repair. Worked bloody brilliantly - I might even get another season out of them!

9AF756C4-4325-499B-B962-17C3937C4696.jpeg

I've been trying to reconnect to my birdbox camera with no luck - I suspect it may be my router. The camera only works on 2.4Ghz but I cannot access my router through the app - I want to turn the 5Ghz section off. I’ve tried reinstalling the app and it says 'not supported' plus I cannot log on to my router using 192.168.1.1. on my iPad or my laptop. The actual internet is working fine (I’m on it now and showing a good speed - 56Mbps) but there isn’t a single light on, on the router - even the power light. Vodafone are going to send me a new router so I hope that sorts things out.

I went to the clowncil today to complain about the neighbours' dogs that bark all day.
They tried to give me the run around by saying it was nothing to do with them. Then, the silly billy handed me a sheet of paper with the clowncil policy on it. The second paragragh made it clear that it was their policy.
On pointing that out to said silly billy clowncil worker, he went away and came back with a colleague who said that she would write letters to the three neighbours I complained about. One of them is in temporary accomodation, therefore not allowed to keep a dog. They are going to be told to get rid of it. The other two will be sent letters reminding them of their tenancy agreements.
Let's see what happens.

Sponsored Links
Sprung a leak in my Aigle wellies. Found a small crack on the upper. Didn’t want to buy another pair quite yet as I won’t be using them much longer this year so I carried out a repair. Worked bloody brilliantly - I might even get another season out of them!

My wellies are hand me down's - Dunlop, bought by my father to wear when he went fishing, when I was a nipper. No leaks..

They live in the garage, with a pair of water-proof trousers on them - fireman style, ready to jump into, when doing any wet work outdoors.

I'm just back from a prostate investigation at the hospital, my second one, the first a couple of years ago. Triggered both times by a slightly high PSA level - I'm just over the limit, based on age. Same result as the first time- initial opinion of no problems, natural enlargement with age, but they want me to have an MRI scan, just to make certain.

I went to the clowncil today to complain about the neighbours' dogs that bark all day.
They tried to give me the run around by saying it was nothing to do with them. Then, the silly billy handed me a sheet of paper with the clowncil policy on it. The second paragragh made it clear that it was their policy.
On pointing that out to said silly billy clowncil worker, he went away and came back with a colleague who said that she would write letters to the three neighbours I complained about. One of them is in temporary accomodation, therefore not allowed to keep a dog. They are going to be told to get rid of it. The other two will be sent letters reminding them of their tenancy agreements.
Let's see what happens.

Unless you've experienced this problem it's difficult to realise how bad it is. After having a neighbour who was quiet and considerate, someone moved in with a young dog. He used to turn it out all day, luckily not early morning. It was a largeish dog and the walls of their property amplified the barking and directed it towards us. The dog would have a barking session for a few mins several times every hour whenever a mouse farted 3 streets away. It drove me nuts. Was quite loud with window shut, but open in the summer and it would be very stressful. Worst bit was it would be quiet and the noise would just suddenly start without warning. Several times when I was on the phone in the house the person I was talking to said they didn't know I had a dog. They thought it was in the room with me. Relaxing in the garden was impossible. I feel stressed thinking about it typing this.

After a while, I went round to speak to the new neighbour. I approached in a calm and polite manner. Straight away he got all arsey and it was clear he didn't want to put the effort into taking steps that would show consideration for his neighbours. He is besotted with the dog, and part of the problem is that it can do no wrong in his eyes. He said he wasn't going to listen to me and started closing the door in my face. He was shocked when my boot sent the door back towards him at a rate of knots. Strangely this calmed him down as he knew I was serious and he said he would try to do something. It did get a lot better, but not perfect. As the dog has aged and it's hearing has no doubt dulled, I hardly hear it these days. Maybe occasionally when the postman comes.

I'm not anti dog, just anti inconsiderate b'stards who think it's their God-given right to inflict their racket and/or lifestyle on others. I'll always tackle things like this - diplomatically at first and see how it goes. Hope you find a way to sort your problem . It took over my life for a while as I couldn't escape this racket that someone else had chosen to inflict on me at regular intervals 7 days a week. It plays with your mind, and as an animal lover I found myself having dark thoughts of what I wanted to do to the dog. Crazy, but that's how it gets you. Good luck. I know exactly the torment this can cause.

Last edited:
I'm just back from a prostate investigation at the hospital, my second one, the first a couple of years ago. Triggered both times by a slightly high PSA level - I'm just over the limit, based on age. Same result as the first time- initial opinion of no problems, natural enlargement with age, but they want me to have an MRI scan, just to make certain.
Snap! Well, almost. Had my six monthly telephone consultation booked for 3.20 this afternoon (had bloods done last week). I have yearly MRI scans as part of the surveillance programme. All good and no change from last one. Next one in another six months. Thought it was going to be bad news as when the nurse (who phoned an hour earlier than planned) identified herself and after checking who I was, she started off with "I’m very sorry to………." and then continued with "……..call you early. Is it okay to speak now or shall I ring back in an hour"? Phew! She gave me the good news. I joked and said she shouldn’t really be starting a conversation like this with "I'm very sorry….". Anyway, we both had a laugh about it.

I've been trying to reconnect to my birdbox camera with no luck - I suspect it may be my router. The camera only works on 2.4Ghz but I cannot access my router through the app - I want to turn the 5Ghz section off. I’ve tried reinstalling the app and it says 'not supported' plus I cannot log on to my router using 192.168.1.1. on my iPad or my laptop. The actual internet is working fine (I’m on it now and showing a good speed - 56Mbps) but there isn’t a single light on, on the router - even the power light. Vodafone are going to send me a new router so I hope that sorts things out.
Router arrived today. Works better than the old one and I can now see working lights on it and I can connect the app to it. No luck with the bird box camera though - I’ve emailed the place I bought it from to see if they can offer any advice. I suspect it’s buggered. :mad:

Mrs CB was chatting to a friend who said her sister was going to Cornwall for a week, " you went with your parents, didn't you visit the Hanging Gardens of Babylon?" Priceless

Took a quick drive over the water to the land of the one-eyed, six-fingered folk - Kent! Bought some pallet collars for the allotment. £6 each. A quick way of getting small, raised beds for the plot. Just dropped 'em off at the allotment on the way home and will be painting them with some preserver before deciding where they will go this season. When the season is over, they just collapse up for storage.

IMG_0679.jpeg

Pictures please of the pampered puss!

Yesterday and today I have finally commenced the grand tidy of the garage, something I said I would start months ago, last year in fact!

Sponsored Links
Back