What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
Went to work today and the bloody kids actually turned up! Annoying. Even more annoying was I was too slow in replying to an email from ticketmaster as I was offered two tickets to the Coronation concert! Email came 3 minutes after I started work and I didn't notice it till an hour later and they were all snapped up. You snooze, you lose! Snoozed and…loosed!

IMG_4858.jpeg

Last edited:
Sat quivering in my accountants office while a conference call takes place to transfer £670k from A to B to C to D.

Favourite niece is now on site & furnishing the whole bungalow, upstairs & downstairs !

Took a quick drive over the water to the land of the one-eyed, six-fingered folk - Kent! Bought some pallet collars for the allotment. £6 each. A quick way of getting small, raised beds for the plot. Just dropped 'em off at the allotment on the way home and will be painting them with some preserver before deciding where they will go this season. When the season is over, they just collapse up for storage.

View attachment 301719
£6 each???? You've been ripped off mate.
Should have got these from SF, they're a bargain! :rolleyes: :LOL::LOL::LOL:

B&Q are no better.

or

Can't believe that people would pay these prices for things you often see sticking out of a skip or kicking around a building site.

Sponsored Links
£6 each???? You've been ripped off mate.
Should have got these from SF, they're a bargain! :rolleyes: :LOL::LOL::LOL:

B&Q are no better.

or

Can't believe that people would pay these prices for things you often see sticking out of a skip or kicking around a building site.
SF? The ones I paid £6 for are the bigger than the £26 ones at B&Q. Mine are 1000 x 1200. These are one thing I’ve never, ever seen in a skip.

We used to get loads of them when we got motors in for repair. They usually had a name or logo on the side but I just stained over them.

Planted my 87p pumpkin plant
I’m growing a Big Max pumpkin from seed this year for our grandson. A tip someone gave me from the allotment is to carve their name on it when it is small and the name will grow with it. I might try that.

Last edited:
Mrs Mottie and I were just finishing our meal tonight when there was a ring on the door bell. I usually answer the door at night but I sent Mrs Mottie as my mum was sending her some flowers as a thank you for something she'd done. Unfortunately it was the wayward daughter from next door with her friend blubbing on our doorstep and asking if she could use our phone to call her mum. They have three kids next door - a studious 15 year old daughter, a 12 year old sports-mad son and a 14 year old daughter who has given them nothing but grief. She is in a special PRU (pupil referral unit) as she's been chucked out of a few mainstream schools. She'd had yet another row with her dad and her sister so Mrs Mottie took them both in and calmed them down. We let her use our phone to call her Nan as her mum was still at work. Her dad knocked on the door all apologetic but we told him to leave them with us for a while. I was chatting with them and telling them that I deal with PRU kids and I asked her friend why she was in the PRU. She told me that she had set fire to her school because she was cold! Riiiight! Anyway, after they had been here for a while and calmed down, they had a text from her mum and decided to go and hang about in the town until her mum came home. There'll probably be fireworks later! When they left, Mrs Mottie told her to come here any time she was worried. Great! I didn’t agree with that but after she went, she said that even though she seems to be the common denominator for all the trouble that’s going on, the girl needs to know that she has somewhere safe to go to when she (rightly or wrongly) storms out of the house. I just hope it’s not going to be a common occurrence!

Having the devil's own game, stripping wallpaper. Might just be load - bearing wallpaper.

By the looks of it, someone decided to unleash a Gatling gun on the walls, fill the myriad holes with 2-part epoxy, then superglue the paper on while the epoxy was setting.
Still not finished, so resting my aching joints now.

Sponsored Links
Back