What have you been doing today?

The Cobra? How's it going. I remember you saying you had to choose an engine.
Going reasonably well

Rolling chassis all up together
Steering suspension brakes
All the instruments and dash fitted

I will converting it to a hydraulic clutch as opposed to a cable operated clutch just waiting for the kit to arrive

Than decisions on the engine which will be either a 5.7 Chevy or a rovor 3.5 ??

I have issues at the moment with the regs ref dating the engine
Any thing after I think (?) 1986 would need fuel injection to get through emissions hoping to sort some thing sorted prior to that date or wangle it some how

I do have a 7 litre chevy engine 1976 but pretty certain a Sierra diff will not cope with the power / tour que of a 7 litres V8 ???

Sponsored Links
Any one interested in car building ?

There is an ongoing series of videos
On line
( think we are in episode 36 to date)
Called V8 creative by Nigel Dean
Who is building an ultima 200 mph super car kit his attention to detail is staggering

Going reasonably well

Rolling chassis all up together
Steering suspension brakes
All the instruments and dash fitted

I will converting it to a hydraulic clutch as opposed to a cable operated clutch just waiting for the kit to arrive

Than decisions on the engine which will be either a 5.7 Chevy or a rovor 3.5 ??

I have issues at the moment with the regs ref dating the engine
Any thing after I think (?) 1986 would need fuel injection to get through emissions hoping to sort some thing sorted prior to that date or wangle it some how

I do have a 7 litre chevy engine 1976 but pretty certain a Sierra diff will not cope with the power / tour que of a 7 litres V8 ???
You obviosly need to build another one - keep one fairly sensible, and go for one that's mad. Jag diff? Popular.

Sponsored Links
Any one interested in car building ?

There is an ongoing series of videos
On line
( think we are in episode 36 to date)
Called V8 creative by Nigel Dean
Who is building an ultima 200 mph super car kit his attention to detail is staggering
That one's not in my cable options, but there are a couple of odds and ends.
I think one of the most inspiring was wheeler dealers, where they got an old Fiat Panda 4x4 and turned it into a very viable green-laner.

Went over the allotment this morning @9.00 to water plants and open greenhouse door. Had to give up and come home by 10.30 as just too hot. Mrs Mottie had not long been back from the dog walk and even the dog was suffering. For the first time this year we got out the dog cooling coat and as we were soaking it she was wagging her tail. I’m sure if she could speak, she'd be saying "Hurry up!"

IMG_1011.jpeg

Been looking online and booking hotels for a short motoring break in France - only decided on the first two nights so far, the first place is in, I kid you not, a place called Motteville. I might apply to be the Mayor while I’m there……

I still have a couple of boxes of Naproxen and some Zapain left over that I was prescribed when I had a rotator cuff pain. A friend said if I was going to chuck them away, to chuck them her way!

There are some useful home fixes here - https://www.health.harvard.edu/shoulder-pain/stretching-exercises-frozen-shoulder

I suffered for much of last year, with a frozen right shoulder, my left started exhibiting similar problems a week ago. Maybe not due to those exercises, but it's already well on the mend, just six days later.

Went over the allotment this morning @9.00 to water plants and open greenhouse door.

My automated water system is working very well indeed - it beats watering with via a can, it puts the water right where it's needed at the roots - less wasteful of water. I have half the run on a mains watering system, then half on a temporary timed /pumped system which needs to be topped up. It's a long way, but I have extended the mains system, to reach the temporary section via a long pipe - idea is to make small holes in the pipe, where water will be needed.

The temporary system, can then be moved to tiny front garden, to water the few plants there.

My weather station peaked, at 28.3C at 14:41.

For the first time this year we got out the dog cooling coat and as we were soaking it she was wagging her tail. I’m sure if she could speak, she'd be saying "Hurry up!"

I just spray mine from the hose-pipe, give her a good, refreshing soaking with cool water.

Been looking online and booking hotels for a short motoring break in France - only decided on the first two nights so far, the first place is in, I kid you not, a place called Motteville. I might apply to be the Mayor while I’m there……
1st night. Motteville. Booked.
2nd night. Honfluer. Booked.
3rd night. Mont Saint Michel. Booked.
Probably have a couple of nights in Rouen before heading home. Not sure yet whether to go city centre or just on the outskirts. Hoping to visit https://lacoupole-france.com/ on the way home.
Still to book the Eurotunnel, all depending on whether Mrs Mottie can get the morning off - if not, we'll leave later and get to our first stop around 9.00pm.

when I had a rotator cuff pain.
It’s come back - up with it now and on the ibuprofen and paracetamol. I knew I shouldn’t have dashed over the allotment during half-time and poured about 20 watering cans of water on my veggies. It’s the leaning right over with a full can that does it - I'm going to just have to walk round to the other side of the beds in future!

It’s come back - up with it now and on the ibuprofen and paracetamol.

I've had something similar. I've read that often, it's not an actual tear. Instead, it's inflammation of the supraspinatus tendon which passes through your shoulder. The inflammation can cause pressure inside the shoulder joint, which can cause pain.

EDIT: I've deleted some advice I gave based on my experience of using ibuprofen for this, because I realised I may have conflated two things. So, if anyone actually read it, can you please forget it!

Last edited:
I've had something similar. I've read that often, it's not an actual tear. Instead, it's inflammation of the supraspinatus tendon which passes through your shoulder. The inflammation can cause pressure inside the shoulder joint, which can cause pain.

I never took anything for it, neither last year suffering for months with my right, nor this past week suffering with my left. I avoid taking anything which has not been prescribed. Each time, the arm felt OK just hanging limp, at my side, the pain came if I tried to change the shoulder angle of the arm, to my body. I would find myself reaching over with the good arm, to take the weight of and reposition the bad one. I was fine carrying the weight of shopping bags, even with the bad arm.

Several physio appointments, last year, provided little help, just phone calls from the therapist and emailed links to exercises. It would be helpful to know what actually triggers the issue?

It’s come back - up with it now and on the ibuprofen and paracetamol. I knew I shouldn’t have dashed over the allotment during half-time and poured about 20 watering cans of water on my veggies. It’s the leaning right over with a full can that does it - I'm going to just have to walk round to the other side of the beds in future!

EDIT: I've deleted some advice I gave based on my experience of using ibuprofen for this, because I realised I may have conflated two things. So, if anyone actually read it, can you please forget it!

I never took anything for it, neither last year suffering for months with my right, nor this past week suffering with my left. I avoid taking anything which has not been prescribed. Each time, the arm felt OK just hanging limp, at my side, the pain came if I tried to change the shoulder angle of the arm, to my body. I would find myself reaching over with the good arm, to take the weight of and reposition the bad one. I was fine carrying the weight of shopping bags, even with the bad arm.

Several physio appointments, last year, provided little help, just phone calls from the therapist and emailed links to exercises. It would be helpful to know what actually triggers the issue?

DO REHAB!

Drugs are not fixing the underlying issues.

Causes?
Discounting acute trauma,

Life; looking at the video, the exercises are movements that don't really occur in day-to-day life.
Hence, you get joint imbalances.

A bit like why we see so many with poor posture, even to hunched shoulders and backs; we tend to "push" in normal life, yet "pull" a lot less.

Sponsored Links
Back