What have you been doing today?

Certainly none here yet, and I have never seen a security guy, in our local.
We haven’t got any staff with cameras yet, it was only announced today. All major stores have security, just because you can’t see them doesn’t mean you don’t have them.

Sponsored Links
No never been with them as we used to live just outside Bury St Edmunds so our 'local' was West Suffolk hospital. Now we've moved to Ipswich we should really be going to that one, but my consultant says I can keep coming to be treated by her at West Suffolk. I trust her and have respect for her for keeping me on track and pretty much under control for the past 10 years or so. Still need to find a GP in Ipswich yet.
Right, lights have gone out so it looks like its bedtime.
Goodnight everyone.
conny,

I understand how rough it can be and I feel for you.

I wish you all the very best with your treatments and hope for the best outcomes.

Sat in hospital for third day in a row with a drip in my arm. Already had numerous tests done and now waiting for a full body scan sometime over the next few days. Related to my CKD because my calcium levels have gone a bit too high.
Frightening, boring and lonely. Because we now live about 45 miles away from the hospital, and as my wife runs her own business 7 days a week, it's not financially viable or time effective to come and visit very often. So, we stay in touch via phone calls and messenger each day.
Take care Conny, wishing you a speedy recovery.

Sponsored Links
The trouble is, we all mix paste accorcing to the instruction but all apply it at different rates. I have used a roller for many years now and it gives a more even coverage than a brush. However, do we apply it at the same thickness? What should the thickness be?
Answer to the first is probably not. The second question is, we don't know because the manufacturers have never told us, and even if they did, how would we measure it?
I apply it using the Henry Cooper method: "splash it all over." :mrgreen:

Two good pieces of news whilst being in here is that, 1/ my prostrate is clean as a whistle for cancer and 2/ my kidney function has gone up from 54 (which is stage G3a), to 62 which puts me back in stage G2.

I'm CKD4 with a much poorer, but reasonably stable kidney function of 15..

That’s encouraging. I’ve got some PTW to hang next week. I’ve only ever used it once before and that was over 30 years ago. It was like tissue paper, horrible stuff, Novamura I think it was called. The stuff we have now looks a lot thicker. Did you use ready mixed paste or are you mixing it up yourself? I went out and bought the stuff you mix yourself - £10.40 and it supposed to cover 10 rolls. The ready made stuff was £25 and that only did 6 rolls - I have 7 rolls to hang so I’m not paying £50 for paste and I don't want to spread it thinly to make it last - the paper was £20 a roll and if I scrimp on paste, it could come off.
I used a packet of dry powder the wife bought and mixed it as per the packet, 6 litres of water and a stir.
I still have most of the paste left as I only did 2.5 rolls (I did say they were small walls lol).

As I was telling the wife that from now on all paper has to be paste the wall type she showed me that she has some more of the old stuff to do yet lol.

Although, I don't know what will happen when it's onto lining paper instead of a newly plastered wall, I suspect the lining paper will soak it up.

The wife is overjoyed, having had to wait 3 years for me to actually put this paper up :)

Although, I don't know what will happen when it's onto lining paper instead of a newly plastered wall, I suspect the lining paper will soak it up.

I thought the same. Currently our walls are lined and painted so I’m going to strip it all off before papering them.

Surely, if the lining paper had any significant capacity left in it to "soak up" any PTW adhesive, it would not have stuck to the wall in the first place (having soaked up the adhesive with which it was originally hung)?

I'm CKD4 with a much poorer, but reasonably stable kidney function of 15..
Not sure if I would prefer to be in your position.
Had a CT body scan this morning and they have found I have cancer in my bile duct. That hit me like a slab of concrete. There are no signs of cancer anywhere else in my body, which is a relief, but they will now refer me to Ipswich hospital who are better equipped to deal with it. Been coming to terms with it and trying to be positive, (caught early, no other signs, nothing to do with smoking etc, etc).
Mind is in a whirl and can't really concentrate on anything for long but determined not to go on about it to anyone. Just concentrate on what I can do to try and help it from spreading until they do more investigations. I had already cut right back on my smoking anyway, from about 15 a day to 6 in a matter of weeks, so determined to stop altogether now.

Not sure if I would prefer to be in your position.

I'm not so bad, lots are in much worse health. Lots of stamina to begin, but it soon gives out. They said a few years ago, I was two years away from dialysis, but I am well beyond that now. I asked how I would know when I needed dialysis, they just said 'I would know', with nowt much changing since. They seem to have put me on the back burner now, for the past couple of years, with 3 monthly bloods and telephone appointments, just ringing me with the results, and asking me how I'm doing. They seem a bit surprised, when I tell them how little it affects me.

Mind is in a whirl and can't really concentrate on anything for long but determined not to go on about it to anyone. Just concentrate on what I can do to try and help it from spreading until they do more investigations. I had already cut right back on my smoking anyway, from about 15 a day to 6 in a matter of weeks, so determined to stop altogether now.

My mind was too, when they first announced the CKD and then I researched what CKD4 meant, then again with the panic over the high PSA numbers.

I would suggest stop the smoking completely, maybe do what I did very many years ago - move to the safe vaping.

No, I won't be vaping. For one, I can't stand the smell of them and as there are now so many counterfeit ones, you don't know what you are getting in them. I tried e-cigs, (I think they were called), a number of years ago and they are nothing like a real ciggy. Too heavy to hold in your mouth when you suddenly need to use both hands suddenly!

No, I won't be vaping. For one, I can't stand the smell of them and as there are now so many counterfeit ones, you don't know what you are getting in them.

They are the exceptions, where they do it for effect, lots of pointless clouds. Normally, there is no smell at all, minimal vapour.

I tried e-cigs, (I think they were called), a number of years ago and they are nothing like a real ciggy.

As did I, the cheap kits, but the more serious kit is much better now.

Too heavy to hold in your mouth when you suddenly need to use both hands suddenly!

Putting it in your mouth is just a habitual response, just as easy to drop it in a pocket - you just could not do that, with your ciggy. Mine mostly comes out of my pocket, in idle moments. You simply do not use them like a ciggy, they don't continue burning, when you put them down, use or not use, as you feel.

Sponsored Links
Back