What have you been doing today?

Do you need glasses for driving? If not, it sounds like your eyes are still OK for driving but just need a bit of assistance for perfect vision.
Yeah, they said my distance vision wasn’t too bad and glasses weren’t really needed but for £15, I thought I’d just try them out. Just spent £900 on a new telly and I’d like to get the best from it. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Put up the icicle lights outside, that I bought a few weeks ago.

Whoever put them in the box didn't so much pack them, as knit them :mad:

Took me an hour to unplait them :couldn't feel my fingers or thumbs afterwards......

Unravel them inside?
;)

I didn't think it would take that long, to be honest.

I didn't expect the f##ker in the factory to have taken the p!zz!

And, I didn't fancy trying to unravel 30m of wire in a small lounge, to have to roll it back up again to carry outside.

Sponsored Links
Cleaned out and defrosted two freezers. They were well iced up and getting hard to slide the drawers back in. Last time I left it too long, I broke the drawers trying to pull them out. Took me less than 20 minutes to do both. For the one in the kitchen, I used my Karcher portable dog washing spray with some warm water in it. For the one in the shed, I pulled it to the door and wedged it up at the back so that it was tilting out of the shed then, after emptying it out, I started with the Karcher but not having to worry about the water flooding the kitchen floor, I found it quicker and easier to chuck two bucketfuls of hot water in there. Dried 'em off, switched them on, job done.

Oh, and I chucked out half a bin load of tomatoes that I chucked in there at the end of the summer the day before I was going on holiday. Won’t make that mistake again next year!

Picture from September when I filled it up.

IMG_5787.jpeg

Cleaned out and defrosted two freezers. They were well iced up and getting hard to slide the drawers back in. Last time I left it too long, I broke the drawers trying to pull them out. Took me less than 20 minutes to do both. For the one in the kitchen, I used my Karcher portable dog washing spray with some warm water in it. For the one in the shed, I pulled it to the door and wedged it up at the back so that it was tilting out of the shed then, after emptying it out, I started with the Karcher but not having to worry about the water flooding the kitchen floor, I found it quicker and easier to chuck two bucketfuls of hot water in there. Dried 'em off, switched them on, job done.

Oh, and I chucked out half a bin load of tomatoes that I chucked in there at the end of the summer the day before I was going on holiday. Won’t make that mistake again next year!

Picture from September when I filled it up.

View attachment 323990
Fun Fact #51 - the UK consumes 500,000 ton's of tom's every year.
I bet the Plot of Mot must be responsible for a significant percentage. :mrgreen:

Looking for a replacement car for number 2 son.

Budget has gone up to £5K.

Toyota Auris TR 1.3, 77K, 12 plate, 4.5K

Kia Ceed 2 1.4, 82K, 64 plate, 5250.

Hyundai i30 Comfort 1.4, 43K, 11 plate, 4989.

Looking at Civics now.

Went to work today for my final student to take his H&S exam. He passed so that’s it. Finished work at my own workshop. For the week, for the month, for the year, for ever!

I’ll only be going back there to do my own cars, to clear it out and to collect rent on it.

Finished work at my own workshop. For the week, for the month, for the year, for ever!
And just finished my last session in my consultant /quality assurance role at West London. That’s me done for the year. I’ll be going back to that one in the new year.

Recovering from liver biopsy I had 2 days ago. Actual procedure was fine but afterwards, when the anaesthetic had worn off, it was very painful. Couldn't take a deep breath, in fact could only take short gasps, so thought my lung had been punctured. Then a matron came in and gently persuaded me how to breathe gently through my nose and let it out my mouth. So simple and something I do every day without thinking, but just could remember to do it whilst in so much pain. Two days of enforced doing nothing by my lovely wife, and regular pain killers, is beginning to sort it out though.

Recovering from liver biopsy I had 2 days ago. Actual procedure was fine but afterwards, when the anaesthetic had worn off, it was very painful. Couldn't take a deep breath, in fact could only take short gasps, so thought my lung had been punctured.

At the beginnings of all my kidney problems, and before they tackled inserting a kidney stent, they invited me for a kidney biopsy. It was my first ever op of any sort, I was quite nervous of it, but it went ahead without the slightest hitch. Never felt a thing, just a small bandaid on the spot, and kept on a bed for the rest of the day. Absolutely no pain of any sort after it, and I went home on the bus.

I've had 3 in total on my kidneys, (well, the right one), and the only feeling was the slight sharp scratch as they put the anaesthetic in, followed by a cold feeling. After that, absolutely nothing. Laid on my back for about 4 hours then sent home with a plaster and told no heavy lifting for at least a week but preferably two.

Sponsored Links
Back