What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
My little Dulcie"s birthday. She woke me up by pulling hairs out my back.
Went up Epping Forest..... Chocka block so poped to Waltham Abbey with our fish and chips so we could social distance...

Had a fun packed morn 40miles on bike then over to friends for lunch house up on a hill the most amazing view for miles n miles. Polished my car and just wheeled it under the port before the heavens opened.

Is that Clarkes bourbon? Any good? Had a couple of bottles of their Chevalier brandy recently. Not bad. Not up to Hennessy or Remy standards, but at £16 a bottle, good value.

I have had the Clarke 's before , and it was perfectly palatable.
This is Samuel Joe's, and again, perfectly drinkable.
Both are far smoother and better - tasting than the (frankly industrial, imho) JD.

Sponsored Links
I have had the Clarke 's before , and it was perfectly palatable.
This is Samuel Joe's, and again, perfectly drinkable.
Both are far smoother and better - tasting than the (frankly industrial, imho) JD.

Thanks will give those a go. Only had Jim Beam before, but not a massive bourbon drinker. Would more likely go for JD, but slightly biased as visited the distillery in Lynchburg, Tenn a few years ago. I do like their Gentleman Jack, it goes through the charcoal mellowing process twice as opposed to once for ordinary JD. Very smooth and too easy to drink. Even had JD beer over there (not beer with JD in it). Never seen it here. Oddly enough, Lynchburg is in a dry county.

Yesterday, my daughter and her fiancé paid us a socially distanced visit. Brought their own drinks and snacks and my wife completely disinfected the downstairs loo for them to use. It was great, seeing them for the first time since March and their engagement. My wife had a smile on her face all evening. Just our son, fiancée and our grandson to see now.

This morning I have been defrosting the freezer in our kitchen. Moved all the food out to our shed freezer and to speed things up, I got inventive. I used our portable dog washer from the car with warm water to quickly remove the build up of ice.

49D83CAB-612D-4291-8FFE-14CD17FBC121.jpeg

And then I used my wife’s hairdryer to dry it off where I couldn’t get with the towel.

04C0B32E-FB8D-4FC3-946C-033594FA2AC0.jpeg

Job done but if my wife ever finds out how it did it, I’ll be done! :LOL:

E7FFB526-F8B7-4B39-9842-7218CF0EB2DF.jpeg

Yesterday, my daughter and her fiancé paid us a socially distanced visit. Brought their own drinks and snacks and my wife completely disinfected the downstairs loo for them to use. It was great, seeing them for the first time since March and their engagement. My wife had a smile on her face all evening. Just our son, fiancée and our grandson to see now.

This morning I have been defrosting the freezer in our kitchen. Moved all the food out to our shed freezer and to speed things up, I got inventive. I used our portable dog washer from the car with warm water to quickly remove the build up of ice.

Job done but if my wife ever finds out how it did it, I’ll be done! :LOL:
]
Sometimes you write interesting and funny posts...
Someone putting pictures of defrosting the freezer however.... :LOL: I think lockdown boredom is getting to you!!

The sad thing is that even at 10.50 am, I’m still in my dressing gown with the dog giving me daggers as she hasn’t had her walk yet. :rolleyes:

The sad thing is that even at 10.50 am, I’m still in my dressing gown with the dog giving me daggers as she hasn’t had her walk yet. :rolleyes:

Still in your dressing gown???? :eek:

I'd been up for over 4 hours by then! Showered, shaved, been to DIY store for some Jute string and done about 2 hours work in the garden.

Still in your dressing gown???? :eek:

I'd been up for over 4 hours by then!
You had a lie in! I’d been up since 6.00am when my wife got up for work. Watched a bit of breakfast TV, made my breakfast, surfing the 'net, tea break, replying to a few posts on here, defrost freezer - the time just flew by. :p

Last edited:
But according to you you're getting taxpayers money for doing nothing...

Strange how you bemoan benefit scroungers and yet are happy to be one yourself (n)

But according to you you're getting taxpayers money for doing nothing...
So is everybody in the country who is on furlough! You have heard of the furlough scheme, haven’t you? If you haven’t, let me tell you - it’s bloody great! Not forgetting the £10k Boris bonus I got for owning my own premises which I rent out to my company, I’m as pleased as punch thank you very much. I get a great big smile on my face every time you remind me. Please feel free to remind me every day, but not before 10.00 ish otherwise you might be waiting for me to get up and give you a thanks. (y)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back