What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
Installing a CCTV system at a sports cub pavilion, cheap and cheerful set up, snagged a cable on a dandelion , when I tested, it does not work looks like the dandelion has done for it, back tomorrow afresh
Kill all Dandelions bastard things.

Went to a job to woodstain windows, persistent drizzle so called it a day. Went to builders merchants to pick up a few lengths of decking, 4 x 2 and granite chippings.
Half hour queue, no chippings, no decking, got the 4 x 2, gone home to do some plaster boarding.

Kill all Dandelions bastard things.

Dandelion, bastardisation of dente de lion. Translates as lions teeth, which is a description of the leaves. Also colloquially known as ****-a-bed due to its diuretic properties.

Sponsored Links
Went to a job to woodstain windows, persistent drizzle so called it a day. Went to builders merchants to pick up a few lengths of decking, 4 x 2 and granite chippings.
Half hour queue, no chippings, no decking, got the 4 x 2, gone home to do some plaster boarding.
hows your deck coming along?

has it got a sea view?

hows your deck coming along?

has it got a sea view?

It's all finished, but a seating wall I made looked so good I've decided to do another one hence the extra decking. Views of Gribbon Head and a small area of sea.

Just finished tidying up my garage. Hurrah, I can see the end and move about freely without tripping over anything. Bought a 4m steel security cable yesterday and I've threaded that through all my easily nickable stuff - three bikes, BBQ, pressure washer and my set of triple ladders. Another load of crap to run to the dump tomorrow but just going out in a minute to pick up some timber from my local timber merchants as I’m going to have a go at building myself a double bin store, clad in feather edged timber. I hope I don’t **** it up!

A couple of weeks back I built my very first bike wheel, old rim was worn out so bought a new rim and reused the original hub and spokes, it was a much easier job than I thought but I have been a bit scared to use it in case it burst into flames or something. Wouldn't want a spoke up my jacksie.

Today was the day, felt a bit brave this morning so fitted it to bike and done 14 mile (that's about 10,000 spins) and I have survived and the wheel is still true.

do I get a medal?

Yesterday - what a b'stard! Trying to finish a three day job, typical Friday and wanting to get done to clear the site. Rain sun rain sun rain sun rain ...had all the electrical tools out, cement uncovered, barrows with mortar, conc, screed mix getting soaked, the patio sloping towards the edgings I'm trying to fit in a trough full of water, uncover the grinder, cover the grinder...and then the skies clear and a force10 gale takes over!

Finished by 3:30 thank fook.

Bought a 4m steel security cable yesterday and I've threaded that through all my easily nickable stuff !

I sold these to a bloke in Essex just now.

s-l225.webp

He said he needed them to prune his roses.

I sold these to a bloke in Essex just now.

s-l225.webp

He said he needed them to prune his roses.
No picture but I’m guessing.....bolt cutters? :mrgreen:

Had to do a weekly shop for the MIL. She is isolating (over 80) so her shopping is done on a rota shared between my wife, her sister and her brother. The brother has found that he is 'too busy' to do it. Lazy ****. Not only that, I had to deliver it to Wickford from Hornchurch too.

Started making my bin store but like noseall, rain stopped play. :mad:

Last edited:
Hard week at work, not used to it, still up at 7, 10 mile ride in strong winds, did the Telegraph quiz via zoom with some family 17/21, cod loin and roasted veg tonight

First - born's return to football training ,, so catching up with the other dads in the rain.
Half an hour on the elliptical trainer.
Two hour walk this afternoon (got mesel a bottle of cheap bourbon from Aldi en route).

Just making sausage / eggs / chips for tea, for me and my lads:p

Started making my childrens mud kitchens again. Also making sand pits which can go alongside the mud kitchen or both can be bought separately.

Step daughter will put them on FB market place, (or something of that description), and has even offered to deliver some if needs be. :)

Quiet day part from nearly riding into some idiot walking along a road across the common with her back to me, deciding to walk across the road as I was just about to pass

Sponsored Links
Back