What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
Well, today I finally finished off my bespoke bin store. It’s taken me about 10 hours and cost me just over £100 for the timber and hardware. Don’t think I could earn a living at it - I’d have to charge about £1,300 if you wanted one made! Made a few mistakes, number one being don’t make it on uneven ground and then move it somewhere else! Anyway, the wife is well pleased, it’s better than looking at two smelly bins and I have enough timber left over to make a patio planter or two.

View attachment 195334

Rubbish

Sponsored Links
Well, I like the colour of them so possibly not. I bought three bundles of them from B&Q and they are described as 'Pressure treated'. Does that mean they are already weatherproof?

https://www.diy.com/departments/blo...1-8m-w-100mm-t-11mm-pack-of-10/1636349_BQ.prd

It's tantalised timber so pressure treated with a preservative. It will however after several years turn a silver grey. If you want to keep that natural look, apply decking oil (£20 for 5 litres at toolstation), also helps stop cracking from drying out.
My feather edge fence has faded to grey, looks nice, I've oiled the new decking to keep it looking fresh but will probably have to do it every year.

Your rubbish bins.
I thought you meant my bin store was rubbish. It’s a bit wonky underneath the cladding but like a plasterer can get a fairly decent finish on a not too straight wall, the cladding covers it all up. Sort of.

I thought you meant my bin store was rubbish. It’s a bit wonky underneath the cladding but like a plasterer can get a fairly decent finish on a not too straight wall, the cladding covers it all up. Sort of.

I meant your bin store is for rubbish

At least you know the provenance of that poo and pee!
It serves more than a dozen houses upstream. Normally a sewer goes quiet in the mid-morning and afternoon (pre-Covid). Not now. Once I let that bung go there was a torrent unleashed.:eek:

It serves more than a dozen houses upstream. Normally a sewer goes quiet in the mid-morning and afternoon (pre-Covid). Not now. Once I let that bung go there was a torrent unleashed.:eek:
12E4D710-2E82-4771-B396-B8D094A9D7D8.gif

Sponsored Links
Back