What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
It serves more than a dozen houses upstream. Normally a sewer goes quiet in the mid-morning and afternoon (pre-Covid). Not now. Once I let that bung go there was a torrent unleashed.:eek:
Do you have regular vaccinations, hepatitis etc?

Getting a faceful of sewage is not recommended, I know sparks that work for water companies have regular boosters, have you ever had hep?

Sponsored Links
In Fairness he has a point.

But I'm sure if Mottie has a problem with people you benefit from benefits it would be the lazy type who don't want yo work...
Does he?
Ok then.
Nobody should have any money from the gov regarding this covid - and they should all go bust/lose homes, then nobody is a benefit scrounger. :)
To be frank, the money helping out businesses and self-employed is the only thing the gov have done that's remotely right during this pandemic imo.

Yes, the government have done well in helping out business and S/E people. The self employed have done better. To get furlough money, you have to not be working. The self employed can work and still claim the money. I’m sure there are some scrupulous companies that are getting furlough payments for their staff and still getting them to work. It’s the companies at fault though, not the individual - I suspect many employees go along with it to keep their jobs.

Yes, the government have done well in helping out business and S/E people. The self employed have done better. To get furlough money, you have to not be working. The self employed can work and still claim the money. I’m sure there are some scrupulous companies that are getting furlough payments for their staff and still getting them to work. It’s the companies at fault though, not the individual - I suspect many employees go along with it to keep their jobs.

I know somebody who was asked to take part in that sort of scheme. He refused and was 'advised' that maybe he should be looking elsewhere for work when this is all over.
Pleased to say he has been taken on by a rival firm who do other works which enable them to stay open so he is now working for them.

Sponsored Links
Back