What have you been doing today?

Yes, the government have done well in helping out business and S/E people. The self employed have done better. To get furlough money, you have to not be working. The self employed can work and still claim the money. I’m sure there are some scrupulous companies that are getting furlough payments for their staff and still getting them to work. It’s the companies at fault though, not the individual - I suspect many employees go along with it to keep their jobs.

There are one or two scrupulous companies out there. The Daily Telegraph has followed the lead of The Spectator and is returning the furlough money to the govt having done a little better than predicted with subscriptions.

The Guardian in the meantime is still begging for donations from it's readership.:ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Today, between showers, I thought I’d have a look at why the reversing camera wasn’t working on the Evoque. Stripped it out and found it was buggered - water had corroded it. We rely on that when reversing as rear vision is not too great on these cars.

2AC3CA1E-8B59-4D3A-A410-F5981A353E2F.jpeg

No problem, I thought I’ll just get a new one until I found out the price - just under £400 from the dealers! They’re asking around the £200 mark for secondhand ones on eBay. Anyway, I had a brainwave - this car has 5 cameras in total for 360 degree vision. I’ve only used it once when we first got the car. Sometimes I’ve used the nearside one when parking up as the cameras build into the door mirrors are fixed on the front wheels. I whipped off the drivers door mirror and lo and behold the cameras are the same. A quick swap over and it’s back working again. That’ll do for now. :whistle:

Watched Space X launch...Fascinating...
""Of course I still love you" cracks me up!...Kerosene and liquid oxygen.....Now that is a LOT of BOOM for your buck.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are one or two scrupulous companies out there. The Daily Telegraph has followed the lead of The Spectator and is returning the furlough money to the govt having done a little better than predicted with subscriptions.

The Guardian in the meantime is still begging for donations from it's readership.:ROFLMAO:
the Guardian isnt owned by billionaires.

Sadly democracy can be bought in this country -Barclay brothers are big Tory donors. Is the Telegraph and Spectator pro Tory.

Cut all my front hedges and my elderly neighbours then cut my front lawns whilst my wife and stepson cleaned both cars inside and out.
Put some more pigeon deterrent netting up along the meadow fence.
Now we are going to pop into town and do a little bit of shopping for 'essentials'. (Beer & fags really. LOL)
Might top up my car with fuel, for the first time since the end of March, while it is still fairly cheap. Only got 200 miles left on the clock.

Cut all my front hedges and my elderly neighbours then cut my front lawns whilst my wife and stepson cleaned both cars inside and out.
Put some more pigeon deterrent netting up along the meadow fence.
Now we are going to pop into town and do a little bit of shopping for 'essentials'. (Beer & fags really. LOL)
Might top up my car with fuel, for the first time since the end of March, while it is still fairly cheap. Only got 200 miles left on the clock.

I haven't put any fuel in the car since February and it's still half full. Not taken any cash out since middle of March (spent plenty of money though!)

I haven't put any fuel in the car since February and it's still half full. Not taken any cash out since middle of March (spent plenty of money though!)

I've £37.50 in my pocket since the beginning of January. Not spent a penny of it, but like you, my flexible friend has sometimes took a bashing. LOL
Car now topped up, £45.38 compared to my usual £65-£70 every 10 days or so which makes me very happy.

Sponsored Links
Back