What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
Just been out for a drive in our Golf. Just had to. I couldn’t trust Mrs Mottie to stop and take a picture when she took the dog out in it tomorrow. Women - Pah, they just don’t understand significant events in motoring!

Edit: I should’ve waited until 11.11 next morning. Roll on 123456 78.9 :rolleyes:

View attachment 243248

Nearly there! Just been out for a run in the car and reset the trip meter when the odometer was showing 123377.1 and hopefully I should hit the magic 12345678.9 sometime next week. If I worked it out right! Mrs Mottie said I am being a complete cock and that she’s going to zero the trip meter when she goes out in it next. :eek::evil:

Sponsored Links
Congrats Bod - sorry I missed that. Nice.
--

New mix of pills today as a trial. I went sort of fuzzy and sat on't bed. Just woke up.

Yes. "Immedicable", progress likely to be unpredictable, "impetuous" and "abrupt". Some sort of SCA but It's not just somatic (voluntary) nervous system. Lots of paperwork to do.
How you dealing with it? Do you feel ill?

I agree; p!ss poor in service, and are teflon too.

I felt I had to put a complaint in. I don't think I've ever complained about a service before. I've told them I'm not after anything, not even an apology. I've just kept it simple. Told them that I had to ring four times to get the correct info and that somebody who wasn't as persistent would have lost thousands of pounds if they had relied on the advice they were given in the other calls. Obviously not expecting anything to be done. I don't want the staff I spoke with to get in trouble, but that shouldn't happen because they didn't take my details on the calls so they won't be able to link to them.

Siht!

Just spoken to the Honda dealer.

She asked Mrs S of she was sitting down.

When the dealer says that to you, you know it's going to be dear.

They said they that the stud would snap and they'd have to fit a new hub (?) as well. Estimate well over 400.

The wheel nut is turning, so I would expect it to come off with a powered wrench.

Even if it sheared, you'd be able to drill it out, wouldn't you?

And they can't get Honda parts (this is a Honda dealer we're talking about) for "months".

We're looking at other options, but the reall issue is that GEM have dropped the car at the Honda dealer and a lot of garages don't have a transporter.....

These things are sent to try us....

They have just sent a health check video, showing the car and a gloved finger pointing to the seized nut. No audio. Very strange.

Siht!

Just spoken to the Honda dealer.

She asked Mrs S of she was sitting down.

When the dealer says that to you, you know it's going to be dear.

They said they that the stud would snap and they'd have to fit a new hub (?) as well. Estimate well over 400.

The wheel nut is turning, so I would expect it to come off with a powered wrench.

Even if it sheared, you'd be able to drill it out, wouldn't you?

And they can't get Honda parts (this is a Honda dealer we're talking about) for "months".

We're looking at other options, but the reall issue is that GEM have dropped the car at the Honda dealer and a lot of garages don't have a transporter.....

These things are sent to try us....
Just drive it carefully to another garage of your choice, it's only one wheel nut, toodling along the road with 3 out of 4 wheel nuts (or is it 4 out of 5?) will not place much stress on the rest, the wheel nuts are designed to cope with much higher stress.

The tyre is completely fubarred.

The Honda dealer now want to charge us 63 quid for doing an estimate. The wheel is still attached. They've not taken it off.

Rip off merchants! I’ve just got a trainee removing and replacing a brake disc on a Fiesta at the moment for his assessment. It’s took him less than 15 minutes to get to this stage. One good whack with a hammer and the wheel stud will be out. New studs just pull in on the spline by tightening the wheel nut. Most cars are the same.

IMG_0865.jpeg

IMG_0866.jpeg

Last edited:
If they are not doing the job they are paid to do with the potential to lose you thousands of pounds, they should get in trouble.

Not if they're employed by cheapskates who don't give them proper training or anyone to ask for support. That's the impression I got. That's really what my complaint boils down to.

Thanks, Mottie.

We have found a garage that can do it cheaper. Having refreshed my memory by looking at your photos, I can't see why they would want to replace the hub. They say they will need to replace the hub because the stud will shear?

How I wish we were much closer to you!

Last edited:
When our car was still quite new, we were still getting it serviced by the main dealer. They noticed a leaky sump. Dealer wanted £600 for a new sump. Local guy fixed it for £15 (with a bigger plug I think) . Lesson learned! And we've stuck with the local guy for all our cars ever since.

Sponsored Links
Back