What have you been doing today?

I seem to remember doing a hub job on a Rover/Honda about 15 to 20 years ago and, the hub had to be pulled from the bearing so that the studs would come out. I can't remember the specifics as it wasn't my job, I just happened to be there when my mate was doing it.

Sponsored Links
We have managed to get someone for 70 quid to pick up the car from the Honda dealer.

The dealer were adamant that we had to pay the fee of 63 quid because they had taken a wheel off. When I pointed out their video showed the wheel on with the dodgy nut still in place and an advisory note saying they could not access the brakes on that wheel because of lack of access, she relented and said that actually, they hadn't taken the wheel off to inspect it.

The real joke is that the 63 quid was a discounted figure because "it didn't take as long as expected to get the wheel off"...(even though they didn't take the wheel off) The full fee was 130 quid. To take the wheel off to quote for the job!

The garage it's going to is ProTyre. They reckon you cannot get studs separately for the FR-V, you need to buy the whole hub with studs fitted. But I'm sure I've seen them for sale separately.

And another Honda dealer reckons they are available.....

The garage it's going to is ProTyre. They reckon you cannot get studs separately for the FR-V, you need to buy the whole hub with studs fitted. But I'm sure I've seen them for sale separately.
You can probably get a pattern part for a whole lot cheaper anyway.

Just had my annual health check at the GP. I've skipped the last four, so I've no idea what to expect from the blood tests. Hope my Vitamin D is back to normal. I'd previously taken far too much supplement.

Blood pressure really good, but I'm not sure I trust a single reading from one of those automatic machines.

Sponsored Links
I've been doing my Spanish homework. It was sent to me/us through the night and, although I have until next Wednesday to do it, I like to get stuck in, so that it's not hanging over me all week.

You can probably get a pattern part for a whole lot cheaper anyway.
I think I've cleared up the confusion.
With some Hondas, you need to replace the hub if a stud gets damaged, but with the FR-V, the studs are available separately. Just had a quote from Fish Bros in Swindon.

Good Afternoon,

Thanks for your telephone enquiry.

The wheel nuts for your FR-V are £6.75 each (reduced from £7.10 each) and they are available to order on our website here.
The wheel studs for your FR-V are £5.32 each (reduced from £6.26 each) and they are available to order on our website here.
These genuine Honda parts are currently available for delivery to UK mainland within three working days if ordered before 2pm Monday to Friday.

All of our prices include VAT. Shipping for standard sized packages to UK Mainland is £6.99 (excluding Highlands and Remote Areas).

Please note that we do not supply or source any aftermarket, pattern, used or second hand parts and we cannot recommend other providers of services or products.

Kind regards,

Lee Marshall

Honda Parts Direct

As you can see, Fish Bros do not use pattern parts which the other dealer said they could supply and fit. The other dealer couldn't even get hold of Honda branded parts.

I've been doing my Spanish homework. It was sent to me/us through the night and, although I have until next Wednesday to do it, I like to get stuck in, so that it's not hanging over me all week.
I'm just the same; Mrs S and the boys are all last-minute Joes.

Blood pressure really good, but I'm not sure I trust a single reading from one of those automatic machines.
I bought one - the same one as my GP used, an Omron M3 comfort. You can take three readings a couple of minutes apart, press the button and it averages them out.

Mine usually shows it to be perfect, when done on their automatic pod, but do them at home - they can be far too high. They blamed my BP monitor at first, until I took it in, to compare with one of their own.

We have managed to get someone for 70 quid to pick up the car from the Honda dealer.

The dealer were adamant that we had to pay the fee of 63 quid because they had taken a wheel off. When I pointed out their video showed the wheel on with the dodgy nut still in place and an advisory note saying they could not access the brakes on that wheel because of lack of access, she relented and said that actually, they hadn't taken the wheel off to inspect it.

The real joke is that the 63 quid was a discounted figure because "it didn't take as long as expected to get the wheel off"...(even though they didn't take the wheel off) The full fee was 130 quid. To take the wheel off to quote for the job!

And another Honda dealer reckons they are available.....
Harse wholes.
They need reporting to Honda and Watchdog and Off....spanner or whatever it is for that. It sounds like Fraud, which is a criminal offence not civil, so you can lay the information witthe police with the evidence....
I'm sure they wouldn't prosecute but Plod wandering in to find out should píss them off.

Every night after they have gone home, I go up to have a nosey on what’s been done that day. I've just been up for tonight’s 'inspection' and they are probably a couple of metres from the pavement now but feck me, the pipe going from the manhole to the sewer is now about 2 metres deep. How deep is the sewer in the road FFS? This is a massive job - I thought it would be a quick week or ten days and that the sewer would be perhaps a metre deep at most!
The drain saga continues. They have closed off our street as apparently they have to now dig up the road! They are currently erecting a 2 metre high barrier around the site to be dug. Neighbour said he was told 2 weeks! Currently, the pipe is up to the boundary of the property and has yet to cross the pavement. I's estimate the pipe to be 8ft below the pavement surface at the moment. What a massive, massive job. I wouldn’t be surprised if they started the dig today then downed tools until after the bank holiday. Still, once it’s done, it’s done for good and no more of next doors shît coming up through my kitchen sink plug 'ole and overflowing onto my kitchen floor.

Last edited:
Podria ayudarle con eso si no lo he olvidado todo. Estaba bastante bueno, una vez. Muy util para saber algunas cosas en muchos paises.

I bought one - the same one as my GP used, an Omron M3 comfort. You can take three readings a couple of minutes apart, press the button and it averages them out.

I wish they'd take three in the surgery. I do have a home machine, the basic version of yours, but it's all over the place. Same with the one I borrowed to do a check.

Sponsored Links
Back