What have you been doing today?

Like I say, we are most impressed by the car but less impressed by the dealer.

At their prices, the car was nearly a write-off!

We just got back from picking it up from the garage we took it to after the Honda dealer. We are a stud down, but it won't get much mileage before the new stud and nut are fitted. I ordered a pair of each from Fish Bros in Swindon who were the polar opposite of our dealer so we have one of each spare in case this happens again.

I have a suspicion it won't, now we have the spare parts...

£12 for insurance against a stripped thread is cheap as chips!
Let's face it, folk are getting ripped off by garages left right and centre. Car garages typically fall into the category of 'you're at their mercy' so unless you know you have a garage you can trust, it can't be unusual for them to add jobs that don't actually need done, but an argument can be made by the garage that they should be done, best practice etc. A bit like your Honda garage saying the whole hub needs replaced.

Years back I had a Cavalier GSi, the engine management light came on. Took it to the local Vauxhall dealer. They advised a new ECU was required, I think it was ~£1400 fitted and remember this was close to 30 years ago. Over the phone the guy was like 'will we just go ahead and get that booked in for you?' Luckily I had the foresight to say 'no, hang on I'll call you back.' Spoke with the small (non main) car dealer I'd bought the car from and they said to take it to another main dealer they dealt with located in a different town.

I did so. They advised it was a faulty sensor, total cost including fitting was ~£80.

Sponsored Links
Something very strange happened in t'pub last night. Regular walks in, sits down & starts chatting, then I noticed a little gold elephant badge on his shirt. So I asks "what's with the badge"?

"Glad you asked. The badge serves no purpose other than to attract the question of "why are you wearing a little gold elephant badge"? So now the badge is yours & you must wear it until someone asks you "why are you . . . . ".

So, today I'm wearing a little gold elephant badge, until someone asks . . . . . !
That's how they recruit you ...

Me, Mrs S and the two younger lads are off to take me Ma out for lunch. Older lad is in Notts having just finished his last year at Uni, so won't be there.

Something very strange happened in t'pub last night. Regular walks in, sits down & starts chatting, then I noticed a little gold elephant badge on his shirt. So I asks "what's with the badge"?

"Glad you asked. The badge serves no purpose other than to attract the question of "why are you wearing a little gold elephant badge"? So now the badge is yours & you must wear it until someone asks you "why are you . . . . ".

So, today I'm wearing a little gold elephant badge, until someone asks . . . . . !
Be careful you’re not offered a brown hat badge……..

Sponsored Links
Be careful you’re not offered a brown hat badge……..
When I worked at Faslane sub base the NAAFI sold dolphin pins, the navy guys used to give them to local girls who were free with their favours as a tip to their mates, any girl with a few was very popular

Well that didn't take long did it. Gone by midday, one of the girls at Janets stables.

Little golden elephant badge is on the next stage of its journey.

I noticed that a Robin had built a nest in a box at the back of our garden and what with having no takers in the tit box this year, I moved the bird box camera setup down there to capture the action. All in my other thread https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/my-tits-are-back.591694/page-14#post-5478485

IMG_4993.jpeg

Drain watch: Todays inspection revealed that they have crossed the pavement, having dug carefully around various utility pipes - gas, water, telephone, cable etc

IMG_0872.jpeg

Took three e bikes to Age UK today, in varying condition, from non working to low mileage good nick, I now have my own Age Uk card as a donor so they can claim 25% tax back, one step closer to the reaper

I noticed that a Robin had built a nest in a box at the back of our garden and what with having no takers in the tit box this year, I moved the bird box camera setup down there to capture the action. All in my other thread https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/my-tits-are-back.591694/page-14#post-5478485

I made a box a few years ago. It remained vacant until this year, when I spotted wht looked like dried grass appearing through it's little access hole. It's now been occupied by bees :(

Just been out for a drive in our Golf. Just had to. I couldn’t trust Mrs Mottie to stop and take a picture when she took the dog out in it tomorrow. Women - Pah, they just don’t understand significant events in motoring!

Edit: I should’ve waited until 11.11 next morning. Roll on 123456 78.9 :rolleyes:

View attachment 243248

…Just been out to hit that milestone. Hmm. Noticed that my clock is running 12 hours fast/slow!

IMG_0892.jpeg

Went to a large car booty today.
What is it with people who take dogs to these places, which are teeming with hundreds, if not thousands of people jostling to see what people are selling?
The range of dogs went from tiny little things that some celebs carry in a handbag, to massive things like St Bernards, Great Danes, Alsatians etc.
Quite a few had two dogs on different leads and at least 3 blokes, (built like brick $ hit houses in tight T-shirts and rippling biceps), each had 4 dogs which were either Dobermans of chunky staffs.
You try to get to see a stall and come across these things pulling at their leads trying to get to another dog across the way!
I've nothing against most dogs, per se, but for crying out loud, why take them to a car boot sale and why take a bunch of them?
There are kids and people who are scared of dogs at these events hoping to have an enjoyable time out, only to have it spoilt by treading in dog crap or scared witless by their barking/menacing behaviour.

Shucking and eating a dozen oysters, bank holiday treat
I love oysters. I like 'em with a squeeze of lemon, with mignonette sauce, with Tabasco sauce or just plain. Mind you, last time I bought half a dozen of them in a restaurant as a starter, only five of them worked. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back