What have you been watching lately?

I signed up to a Real-Debrid account for my firestick today. I’ve been testing out films. Seen a bit of Hamilton, a bit of the high note, a bit of Judy, a bit of jingle jangle, a bit of.... you get the picture. No buffering and all in HD or UHD. The difference between the Debrid versions are like the difference between a suite on the QE2 and the car deck on the Woolwich ferry!

Sponsored Links
Yes I did watch it andy and I thoroughly enjoyed it alot! Can you refresh my memory I remember the Ray Kroc was the guy who came out on top and I remember it was through underhand means but can you remember how he did it? Didn't the original brothers somehow trusted him and then he broke his promises or twisted the contracts somehow? I remember he was cunning, ruthless but it was very immoral and I think dishonourable wasn't it? I can't remember what or how he did it though

Ray Kroc did many dishonhourable things to the McDonald brothers, but a recurring theme was him doing something against them "because they haven't got the money to sue".

In the film he stated this openly, thus proving his criminal intentions (mens rea). It was only a film though, "based on a true story".

Ray Kroc did many dishonhourable things to the McDonald brothers, but a recurring theme was him doing something against them "because they haven't got the money to sue". In the film he stated this openly, thus proving his criminal intentions (mens rea). It was only a film though, "based on a true story".
It seemed realistic

Last edited by a moderator:
Ray Kroc did many dishonhourable things to the McDonald brothers, but a recurring theme was him doing something against them "because they haven't got the money to sue".

In the film he stated this openly, thus proving his criminal intentions (mens rea). It was only a film though, "based on a true story".
Anita Roddick did some dodgy stuff with The Body Shop too I believe,nicked the name and concept from someone.

Sponsored Links
"Film Stars Don't Die In Liverpool", a cracking fillum. Gloria Grahame was a star of 1940s Hollywood films. This film tells the story of how she came to be in Liverpool in her dying days.

We finally gave up looking for an advert which solely consisted of the ol a typical Caucasian, 2.4 children and a dog/cat family. It seems no such thing exists anymore. Not even a set of parents of the same English background.
In the new series of South Park, Token is now the white kid.(Not really, but won't be long I reckon).

Just tried watching Tenet. Couldn’t understand it, time travel etc so gave up after 50 mins. Some good action scenes but not for me.

Is that the one with Denzil Washington's son in it ? Looked good in trailers, and if it's anything like a lot of his dad's films, it should be good.
Yes, it is. I suppose it’s good if that’s the type of film you like but it’s not my cup of tea.

Anyone watched Godfather of Harlem? (Amazon)
Possibly the best acted & produced series I’ve ever seen. Work of art.

Mottie. Regarding Tenat I went to the cinema to see it. That’s 2 or 3 hours of my life I’ll never get back. I think whoever came up with that must have on LSD. Maybe it made sense to them at the time but not to me. An expensive shocker.

Recently watched The Night Manager, which was good, and The Pembrokeshire Murders which is based on a true event.
Was going to watch the one about Mary Cotton, a serial killer in the late 19th century, but apparently they didn't complete the story so not bothering.

Mary Cotton, a
She lived in West Auckland..Part of where I live. .Bumped off her hubbies..Watched "" Its a sin"" last night..about A.i.d.s in the 80/90s...Well written and well acted. Similair atmosphere to the current covid situation.

Sponsored Links
Back