What have you bought today?

Do you have insurance that covers your wife? Get her to sue you, the insurance will pay her out, then wind the company up, you'll be quids in. You may have enough to help those less fortunate than you with their air fare.
I like your thinking. (y)

Sponsored Links
A day late, but I bought a penis extension yesterday :LOL:

D936B3F3-59E4-4F91-9656-40A91C4366A3.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Had a free eye test today (over 60). Bought some glasses in Specsavers and chose some rather natty Superdry frames. Were £129, reduced to £69 in the sale and they had another offer - you get second pair free if spending £69 or over. So, an eye test and 258 quids worth of glasses for £69. Bargain!
Blimey, that was quick. I'll look a proper trendy brainbox wearing these - they’ll take 20 years off of me. :rolleyes:

446FFDA4-BB42-43DF-A965-341FAB66A6D2.jpeg

25m roll of 2.5T&E, 25m roll of 1.5T&E, 2 boxes of 2.5 clips, 2 boxes 1.5mm clips and 1 pack of 15mmround cable clips, (6mm SWA).
£50 including charity donation from SF The workshop is progressing. :)

has that got tvrs own engine

what year is it

if u don’t mind me asking what did u pay

Yea, it’s TVR’s 4.0L Speed 6 engine. 2003 so one of the more mature car/engines…I think all the earlier ones have needed a rebuild by now. This one hasn’t had a rebuilt but with 41k miles, fsh and it’s wanted for nothing in terms of other bits. It runs lovely but is insanely loud because the previous owner modded it with ‘shark’ can exhausts.

It wasn’t cheap at £30k. The way I see it is that these cars are only getting rarer over time (this is a Tuscan S so fewer available again)…so the theory is that I’ll be able to recoup most/all of the purchase price if I ever sell.

I’m budgeting a couple of k a year in running costs which is just the way it is with these cars. I’ll never get that back, but like with many hobbies you’ve got to spend a bit to enjoy it.

Yea, it’s TVR’s 4.0L Speed 6 engine. 2003 so one of the more mature car/engines…I think all the earlier ones have needed a rebuild by now. This one hasn’t had a rebuilt but with 41k miles, fsh and it’s wanted for nothing in terms of other bits. It runs lovely but is insanely loud because the previous owner modded it with ‘shark’ can exhausts.

It wasn’t cheap at £30k. The way I see it is that these cars are only getting rarer over time (this is a Tuscan S so fewer available again)…so the theory is that I’ll be able to recoup most/all of the purchase price if I ever sell.

I’m budgeting a couple of k a year in running costs which is just the way it is with these cars. I’ll never get that back, but like with many hobbies you’ve got to spend a bit to enjoy it.

Nice car
Is that the Al Melling designed engine ???

If I recall correctly the same fella designed and built a V 8 motorcycle engine

Allen Millyard you mean. He is one clever geezer. (n)

no al melling who designed a tvr engine

also designed a v8 engine for a bike

prototype was built and run

there was some ensuing legal case
Over ownership of the design

may have been a V6 ???

Last edited:
Allen Millyard you mean. He is one clever geezer. (n)

as for building bikes at home in a shed there was (rip) a fella by the name of Jones ( last name) who designed and built several bikes from the ground up from scratch

Every thing was designed and built
By him except the wheel rims

afaik his entire collection is housed in the British motorcycle musemn

he built a single
Twin
Triple and a four

Sponsored Links
Back