What have you bought today?

Sponsored Links
Mrs Secure has eaten Fugu and survived.

Apparently, some people pretend to have been poisoned by it and drop their chopsticks and play dead!

Bit awkward when the ambo arrives...!

I bought a three port USB charger with a continental adaptor and a pack of iron-on repair patches to try and do something with the fraying crutch on my motorcycle trousers. Last thing I need on my trip next week is my knackers falling out when I'm doing a bit of off-roading in the Sierra Nevada. :eek:

Last edited:
A box of light bulbs.
We have a couple of chandeliers with 4 x 40w candle bulbs and just lately, they seem very dim. We hardly use the one in the lounge but we always have the one in the diner on when eating our dinner. I put it down to having changed the kitchen bulbs for white light LED's making the chandelier seem dim when we move into the diner to eat. Anyway, I bought 10 x 60w bulbs today, replaced the ones in the diner chandelier and.......it's like looking at the sun! Way too bright. I had another look at the '40w' bulbs I had removed only to find that they were in fact 25w ones. Cobblers, I've got to order some real 40w ones now!

Sponsored Links
I bought a three port USB charger with a continental adaptor and a pack of iron-on repair patches to try and do something with the fraying crutch on my motorcycle trousers. Last thing I need on my trip next week is my knackers falling out when I'm doing a bit of off-roading in the Sierra Nevada. :eek:
Hmm at your age they will be slapping either side of the tank

A single trip travel insurance policy and a 2 day rapid antigen test for my motorcycling trip in Spain next week. I'm starting to get excited now! :D

A set of chopping boards from the Aldi aisle of dreams £9.99, dishwasher safe, just need to get a new kitchen now

A vintage bit brace and a nearly new, very little used wooden jack plane...

12 bags of sand and 2 bags of dust to make a dry mix to lay my paving slabs for my new allotment shed base.

You'd be better off using cement instead of dust.

DF54E208-96B8-4F87-B38E-F71F444F851B.gif

An oven light bulb cover. Mrs Mottie baked some gluten/dairy free cup cakes as our grandson is extremely allergic and when my son bit into his one, he nearly lost a tooth! Turned out that just as she had put the cakes into the oven, the glass bulb cover must have split in two, a piece of it plopped into a cake and sunk to the bottom before it was baked as that's where my son found it. Of course, the whole lot has to be chucked and they were bloody nice for gluten/dairy free cakes.

D4795032-AB20-4261-A1CE-3F982F035BBB.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Back