What have you bought today?

Yesterday I bought a Christmas jumper for our dog from the Joules shop in Center Parcs. I gave it to her today. She's over the moon with it and can't wait until Christmas to show it off to all her friends. :whistle:

B4338E9D-3AEC-4555-B477-68B5B3D43CDF.jpeg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Just ordered this. My Christmas present from Mrs Mottie. I couldn't think of anything else I needed. I see loads of wildlife when I'm out walking my dog. I have a 6x30 one at the moment but this one is a bit better and not much bigger so easy to pop in a coat pocket.

4D7068D6-4567-4D38-87EC-B2566AFDB221.jpeg

Just ordered this. My Christmas present from Mrs Mottie. I couldn't think of anything else I needed. I see loads of wildlife when I'm out walking my dog. I have a 6x30 one at the moment but this one is a bit better and not much bigger so easy to pop in a coat pocket.

View attachment 253770
Always take one on walks & bike rides & handy for spying on neighbours

Well, it arrived today and.....wow - I can actually see craters on the moon with it! Had to just have play with it but Mrs Mottie has now taken it off of me to wrap up for Christmas. I can't believe the size of it - it's very portable.

64D9B9A0-0E17-425D-A51B-336E5537531F.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW
I bought a tool box with some old wood planes in it, including a complete half set of rounds and hollows. There were some sundry loose planes in there as well including the one on the right (lower photo) marked "Iohn Rogers"(maker's stamp). Turns out that Mr Rogers died in 1767, having traded as a plane maker from 1734 to 1765 which means this plane is at least 255 years old, possibly a lot older - or just a bit older than I am, but probably in better working condition! The rounds and hollows are a bit newer, 1851 to 1911

Alden HR 1 (2).jpg

Iohn Rogers (2).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday I bought a Christmas jumper for our dog from the Joules shop in Center Parcs. I gave it to her today. She's over the moon with it and can't wait until Christmas to show it off to all her friends. :whistle:

View attachment 253285
Judging by the dropped tail, that’s not a super happy dog……it’s prob thinking “OMG, my owner has put in this silly jumper and even worse he’s taken a pick and put it on SM, I shall never be able to show my face again”

Judging by the dropped tail, that’s not a super happy dog……it’s prob thinking “OMG, my owner has put in this silly jumper and even worse he’s taken a pick and put it on SM, I shall never be able to show my face again”
That's just because it's a colour she's not used to. It'll grow on her over the festive period. (y)

Ah sod the expense, it's Christmas. Fresh Grapes!

image.jpg

Oh yeah, 25% off grape juice too at Sainsbury's. Gottta snap up the bargains while you can. ;)

A83D1792-2595-430B-9B5C-AE47914088CE.jpeg

A dozen golf balls for the son-in-law's 'tree' present. £45. I bought him a dozen two years ago - what's he doing with 'em?

Sponsored Links
Back