What have you bought today?

LED lamps are quite sensitive to heat build-up. Whereas with the old tungsten lamps type lamps, heat made no difference to them, the limiting factor was how much heat from the lamp the fitting could withstand, it's the LED operating temperature which is now of most concern, due to the electronics.

I have replaced almost all the lamps in my home with LED. The only problem has been an outdoor, enclosed, small lantern type fitting, where the 8w LED's twice, only survived around 18 months each. At the third replacement, I decided to attempt to modify the the fitting, from no ventilation, to just a small amount - I made some tiny vent holes in the bottom and top. So far, the lamp has survived around three years, so I am hopeful.
Strangely though (and rather than keep replacing the freezer light with specific one ordered online), the led standard SES mini globe lamp I put in has lasted years longer.
I thought the electronics within the lamp wouldn't like the - 20 degrees C environment, but they appear to be fine with it.

Sponsored Links
The silver Discovery behind the bloke walking?, nice. (y)
Hilton Garage (near Derby), absolutely rammed this morning. And we're supposed to be in a recession. Salesman said they needed to get through 47 appointments today. I did my car tax thing and the swap in the waiting area. There was me thinking I was special.:mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Hilton Garage (near Derby), absolutely rammed this morning. And we're supposed to be in a recession. Salesman said they needed to get through 47 appointments today. I did my car tax thing and the swap in the waiting area. There was me thinking I was special.:mrgreen:
There's a couple of car dealers on the shoot I go on. Today they were telling me that once the snow had cleared, they literally sold out of cars between Christmas and New Year.

Yeah I’ve bought a few Dewalt things from Amazon and they’ve come from Spain…they are legit :)
And Diminuto! All the ones I had before were huge compared to these.

96022952-FFDA-4CFD-A14D-42B67A771C3F.jpeg

A pack of jigsaw blades. Broke my last blade sawing up our Christmas tree. I’m presuming they are genuine DeWalt ones - the description is Spanish? Not going to be doing any precision work - just for cutting up timber over the allotment making beds and benches etc.

View attachment 291249
Why a jigsaw?

There are far more suitable wood cutting power tools, rather than a jigsaw. Jigsaws are for cutting curved cuts....:confused:

Sponsored Links
Back