What have you bought today?

A British made wool 'throw' for indoors and some treats for the dog.

CAD89271-BD9A-4C7B-86D6-7A6346118E49.jpeg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Just bought a set of extension ladders to reach the gutters & general maintenance, £190 Lyte from Screwfix, better than the B&Q offerings IMOP but time will tell. I used to have a nice pair but that was in another life, long gone.

Just bought a set of extension ladders to reach the gutters & general maintenance, £190 Lyte from Screwfix, better than the B&Q offerings IMOP but time will tell. I used to have a nice pair but that was in another life, long gone.
Good make LYTE. We use them in work and had no problems with them.
My personal 3 length extension has seen me in good stead over the past 8 years and still working fine.

A small medicine pouch for the battery of tablets I'm having to take throughout the day.
Easy enough to take them as and when if we are at home, but if we go out somewhere I need something to put some spares in.

Sponsored Links
Bought a new pair of cargo type trousers and a watch strap for my smartwatch.

The one it came with split, so I got another for 13 quid (dear) and that gave up the ghost so I managed to find another for 4 quid. Bit tricky buying watch straps because my wrist is huge and most of them are too short.

Picture featuring new strap and new trousers (and large belly):

IMG_20230131_205325_HDR.jpg

A Roku:

Screenshot_20230201-112315~2.png

Our Sammy TV has been shedding services left, right and centre.

Now we have ITVx, My5 plus a lot that we can't add to the Sammy TV like UK TV play.

Be a stopgap to keep us going until we can get a new TV, by which time more LEDs will be shining through!

Good make LYTE. We use them in work and had no problems with them.
My personal 3 length extension has seen me in good stead over the past 8 years and still working fine.
Good choice, I used to be a 'junior' executive type with the other mob 40yrs ago.

The use of 'D' rungs is not only far more comfortable it also adds greatly to the strength of the ladder.

A 15Kg sack of dried dog kibble from Jameswellbeloved. Should have cost £62.50 but I 'recommended' Mrs Mottie and I got 20% off, so only £50 with free delivery. I’ll also get 20% off on the next sack for recommending her. ;) :giggle:

A 15Kg sack of dried dog kibble from Jameswellbeloved. Should have cost £62.50 but I 'recommended' Mrs Mottie and I got 20% off, so only £50 with free delivery. I’ll also get 20% off on the next sack for recommending her. ;) :giggle:

I pay around £8 or £9 for a similar amount, so long as it includes the word 'complete'. I buy and collect it two sacks at a time, in the boot.

Blimey Harry, £8 or £9 for 15Kg of complete dog food? What make?

Home Bargains.. 'Worker Complete' marked as £12.99, but I have bought several for the 2/3 the price over the years, from them. They don't always have it in, so I get a couple when they do.

Likewise, they do a large pack of denta stick chews, 30 in a pale blue pack, marked 'I love my...' really cheap, compared to the others, £2.50-ish. I grab a few of those, when they have them. As near as me and the dog can tell, they are identical to the expensive named brands.

Back to the price of butter.

Saw some in Sainsbury's the other day.

£3.50 for 250g of TTD butter. :eek:

Went to Asda, 2.35 for the posh version, 1.99 for the ordinary.

Popped into Farm Foods next door, they were £3.00 for 2 blocks.

Same with sugar, £1.19 at Asda, 2 for £1.80 at Farm Foods.

Sponsored Links
Back