What have you bought today?

Why a jigsaw?

There are far more suitable wood cutting power tools, rather than a jigsaw. Jigsaws are for cutting curved cuts....:confused:
No particular reason. I’ve had it a while now and I’ve cut up some 4”X2” to make a bench for my greenhouse and… and ….and nothing else really. I just like having one. My corded one broke, so as I had other DeWalt stuff with batteries and chargers, I just bought a bare body. I’ll use it properly one day!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
:) A replacement window. :( This one needed a builder for a while as well. Sort of builder that could add a garden room to a house, insulated etc.
Anyone have any idea of a day rate for builders like that - also has a labourer that does some work, can use a chisel, mix and tidy up etc.

Two filters for our Dyson V10 cordless vacuum and a new charcoal filter for our corded Miele 'cat and dog' vacuum.

Sponsored Links
A Ralphy T-shirt in my local department store sale. £18.50 instead of £50. Bargain.

ED0359AC-F6C3-4936-94E8-DE783317EC61.jpeg

An ID mobile sim for Mrs Mottie. 4Gb data (rolled over if not used), unlimited minutes and texts, inclusive EU roaming. Wifi calling. £6 a month.

Last edited:
Wire wool 4 rat traps and 2 poison bait boxes and a bottle of rat poison.

Said rat has bored a hole into my machinery store throug a fairly thick floor of scalpings. I filled the hole in, then the fcker tried to eat his way in through the outside door chewing the wood. That's being lined with steel angle today.
Bore hole filled with wire wool laced with a tasty poison. A box of treats and trap with some yummy peanut butter left inside and out of the door. Absolute ****** has a death wish.

Oh and one of these I absolutely love. However I couldn't take it out to start with until I had 3d printed a base for it. It's beautifully made but they failed to integrate any type of base. I've 3d printed a clip on plastic base to protect it.

2 replacement strips for my SOS bracelet. No room on the current one to alter/update my meds so easier just to buy some more.

Start on a course of steroids tomorrow, (12 x 5mg giving a daily dose of 60mg, straight after breakfast), some antacid capsules so the steroids don't destroy my stomach lining and some calcium tablets because the steroids deplete your calcium levels. :rolleyes: I'm going to be rattling along!

As I'm not really going to be allowed out until I've had my chemo infusion started, I'm taking the family out for dinner shortly. It's only money. :LOL:

Two filters for our Dyson V10 cordless vacuum and a new charcoal filter for our corded Miele 'cat and dog' vacuum.
Don't talk to me about Dyson...
This bit of plastic snapped off my V11 and I wouldn't be surprised if it's a common fault. So I had to drop 8 quid on a new bin runner

BinGuide.png

An ID mobile sim for Mrs Mottie. 4Gb data (rolled over if not used), unlimited minutes and texts, inclusive EU roaming. Wifi calling. £6 a month.
If you don't need the rollover Lebara via uswitch is a pretty good deal, I just bought one of those for my daughter last week
£2/month for the first 6 months, then £4.95, 5GB data, unlimited calls and texts and about 100 free minutes abroad.

If you don't need the rollover Lebara via uswitch is a pretty good deal, I just bought one of those for my daughter last week
£2/month for the first 6 months, then £4.95, 5GB data, unlimited calls and texts and about 100 free minutes abroad.
That is a good deal. Didn’t think of them and I'm sure I have an old phone here with a Lebara PAYG sim. I got it as calls to Spain were 1p a minute on I and we were on the phone constantly to estate agents, solicitors, banks etc. when we were selling the villa.

A consultation with the vet. £60

A small growth on our Susie’s lower eyelid. Needs to come off and be sent away for histology. Estimate between £975 and £1050. Going in on Feb. 3rd.

17ECF96F-5FED-4A60-8D8B-2170E91252B3.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Back