What have you bought today?

Must admit, your fish dinner does nothing for me. Not keen on chippy chips since they started using oil instead of good old fashioned lard.

The only exception is Harry Ramsdens fish & chips with mushy peas and tartare sauce and a slice of lemon.
Funny, am the other way round. Not that eat lard anymore but found them to be so greasy. Lards fine if cooked to order coz makes things crispy but when they sit there a while, bleaugh.

Took American mate to the first Ramsdens in Yorkshire before it shut down. Place was empty apart from us and it was pretty poor standard food. Seeing her eat mushy peas was great though - she was quite revolted! I like mushy peas myself :)

Sponsored Links
The blackboard writing was my wife's, the Mud Kitchen was routing out a stencil my wife downloaded from the net and then glued the paper to the board. I simply followed the pattern. LOL

Sponsored Links
Funny, am the other way round. Not that eat lard anymore but found them to be so greasy. Lards fine if cooked to order coz makes things crispy but when they sit there a while, bleaugh.
Skate is normally cooked to order as it doesn’t really keep too well once cooked - it dries out pretty quick. Had to wait outside for 10 mins while they cooked me a medium skate wing and a medium skate middle. Those two plus one regular portion of chips (more than enough for two), one onion and one wally cost me £19 which I think was a bit toppy for a takeaway. Nice though.

Wow! Those are amazing conny. I hope you're charging a suitable price for your craftsmanship!

Asking £65 for any of them. If anyone buys more than one will offer a bit of a discount. Maybe a tenner off the combined price.
The one from last year was £60 at the time and managed to sell about 11 of them over the course of the summer, so hoping for similar response to the new ones. Problem is there is not as much money around this year so just made up a few kit packs so if the orders start flowing in the I have a head start.

After my dog walk this morning, I called into the garden centre on my way home to get some radish seeds. I had to take a ruddy great trolley all the way round the one-way system (those were the rules to assist with distancing) just to get them. £1.99. I got a funny look as I was leaving when I asked if someone could help me load them in my car. :LOL:

Last edited:
Asking £65 for any of them. If anyone buys more than one will offer a bit of a discount. Maybe a tenner off the combined price.
The one from last year was £60 at the time and managed to sell about 11 of them over the course of the summer, so hoping for similar response to the new ones. Problem is there is not as much money around this year so just made up a few kit packs so if the orders start flowing in the I have a head start.

Bargain! You might be surprised. Folks have been saving a bit during lockdown so those that still have jobs might be queuing up. And those that aren't going to book foreign hols this year too.

My wife’s birthday present arrived today. An illusion mirror gate for the back fence. Will look a bit better when I remove the supporting bricks, stain it the same colour as the fence, fit the door furniture and put it in a better position. Hopefully! :whistle:

504F4505-39F0-4EC8-AC1C-71093B0E9947.jpeg

Not bought anything today but sold one of my garden play tables. :)

Put it out on a patch of grass at the front of the drive at 9.00am with a, For Sale sign on it, and it was sold just after 11.00 to a lady from the village.

Have to build one of the kit packs tomorrow and hope word gets around. :)

Word getting round. :)

Another sale of one of my play tables. Client wants it for Monday so built it today and just give it a quick check over tomorrow before storing it in my wood shed.
Mind you, I think I'm missing a trick. I should target schools and nurseries and undercut these people I think. Theirs are 300mm longer than mine but mine are a bit deeper and the height of my original ones last year are comparable with this one. Last year I even made a bespoke one very similar to this and only charged £150 :(

https://www.schoolfurniture-direct....OcgImbVy_4aCyrHgtE9SV1_GS9ltZewhoCRNUQAvD_BwE

Sponsored Links
Back