What have you bought today?

Sponsored Links
Many years ago I was quoting against my ex employer for a cabling job in a factory, the manager gave me a copy of the quote with the price crossed out with a sharpie, when I held it up to the light I could read the amount, been doing their work for nearly 20 years now

Right on comrade. Say, how are you getting on with those Amazon fire sticks you have in your house?
Singular actually...

But a bit of advice...

I reckon you ought to check out the insurance cover small print regarding knock off/second hand kids car seats before you hand it over. :)

But a bit of advice...

I reckon you ought to check out the insurance cover small print regarding knock off/second hand kids car seats before you hand it over. :)

There aren’t any. You’re just being silly again.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hand what over?
According to you I thought you were intending to hand over your 'knock off' kid seat to your other half and you reckoned she was going to be happy with it...

The comment about insurance cover was meant as a serious bit of advice!

According to you I thought you were intending to hand over your 'knock off' kid seat to your other half and you reckoned she was going to be happy with it...

The comment about insurance cover was meant as a serious bit of advice!

I did and she was. It’s now permanently fitted in her Golf. Not knock off as far as I know or even suspect - long time ebayer with 100% positive feedback, original box and instructions, paid by PayPal and I picked it up from their house and saw their kids. Thanks for the advice but totally pointless, irrelevant and not applicable.

I did and she was. It’s now permanently fitted in her Golf. Not knock off as far as I know or even suspect - long time ebayer with 100% positive feedback, original box and instructions, paid by PayPal and I picked it up from their house and saw their kids. Thanks for the advice but totally pointless, irrelevant and not applicable.
On your head be it then...

Edit: Would you buy a second hand cycle or motorbike helmet?

Would you buy a car with second hand seat belts, airbag, tyres, suspension and brakes? Give it a rest, not interested.

I walked up to Roomes stores in Upminster today and treated Mrs Mottie to some Clarins hand cream. £23 but it’ll last her nearly a year. I also bought 7 raffle tickets at a quid each for a makeup hamper with over 500 quids worth of goodies in it. The draw is tomorrow so I’m just waiting for the phone call..........
Well, **** ME! Had a phone call today and I’ve only gone and won it! What a result and I can put it down to one person on here. @ellal. Ever since he’s wished karma on me I’ve had nothing but good fortune. Just goes to show, good things happen to good people. Cheers mate. ;)

Here I am with the employee that sold me the winning ticket - going in the company magazine apparently.

419EA3C6-C9F7-4245-8501-D57EC742A701.jpeg

I'd say to get the lady what flogged you the ticket a voucher or something as a token of your gratitude, but there will be nowhere to spend it soon:eek:

I bought.......nothing. But I got "given" a gorgeous old pine wardrobe.....and a manky old footstool. Since lunchtime I have been de-reupholstering....washing the gorgeous tapestry cover (which has gone into a couple of holes as it was so dirty.....) taking the nails out and sanding it down with my orbital sander. Not a bad day I'd say!

I'm thinking.....no, contemplating......... buying a plane...or is it a planer. I've got about eight slabs of wood which I am orbital sanding to death. Somebody wise old sod said "You need to plane those". What is a plane? I wonder how I have got to my age without a plane, but then my orbital sander changed my life completely. Isn't this just sufficient enough? There's a limit to how many "tools" I can get in my shed. I think that the orbital sander has to be the best toy I have ever bought. But now I am thinking......should I buy a plane? Will life ever be the same again if I do?
Oh.....and will it be noisy? Some tools just frighten me to death. It's bad enough wearing a mask....but ear defenders are just a tadge too far.

Depends what, and how much, you want to plane off the wood. For minor removal you can get a hand held manual plane such as a nu8mber 4 smoothing plane. Various makes here.
https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Smoothin...150262?_encoding=UTF8&ie=UTF8&node=1938920031

For heavier or more major removal you can get hand held electric such as these,

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/s?k=electric+planes+for+wood&crid=WRMRQ6T65K8J&sprefix=Electric+planes,aps,156&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_15

Or for other things you can get a thicknesser/planer such as these,

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/s?k=Planer/thicknesser&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

The choice is yours. Other sites/shops are available.

Sponsored Links
Back