What have you bought today?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
No. I bought plasterboard boxes. Even so, the two 20A double pole switches I bought the other day didn’t come with screws.
You must have found some proper cheapo ones then if they didn't provide the screws. They're usually clipped into the back of the switch if they're not in a separate little plastic packet.

Too late now, but I would have bought a box of these: https://www.screwfix.com/p/easydrive-slotted-raised-electrical-screws-m3-5-x-50mm-50-pack/8036h

I always find the longer screws easer to fit, and if you have tiling, etc the extra length is handy. You can always chop them shorter where needed with the wire cutting part of a pair of pliers.

You must have found some proper cheapo ones then if they didn't provide the screws. They're usually clipped into the back of the switch if they're not in a separate little plastic packet.
I bought this one - it was the only make they had in a double. None of them were in packets or boxes, they were all loose.

IMG_6370.jpeg

The screws come with the switches or the plugs, rather than the back boxes. I was thinking your 20A switches will have then on the rear of the switch :)

I always find the longer screws easer to fit, and if you have tiling, etc the extra length is handy. You can always chop them shorter where needed with the wire cutting part of a pair of pliers.

Which will completely bugger up the thread! Best gadget I've found, is a cheap crimper, is has a series of different sized threaded holes, one of which is 3.5mm, with a matching clearance drilled hole in the other part of the crimper. Squeeze, and it neatly chops the screw, unscrew the screw, and it tidies up the thread. As a crimper, totally useless.

Which will completely bugger up the thread! Best gadget I've found, is a cheap crimper, is has a series of different sized threaded holes, one of which is 3.5mm, with a matching clearance drilled hole in the other part of the crimper. Squeeze, and it neatly chops the screw, unscrew the screw, and it tidies up the thread. As a crimper, totally useless.
Re wired two houses now and it has never caused me an issue doing it the way I described.

Sponsored Links
Back