What have you had for dinner

Sponsored Links
I'm in the mood for chicken tonight. In a risotto, mixed with a half pint of mushroom and vegetable stock, add a tin of chopped tomatoes one spoon at a time, a dash of black pepper and a shake of sea salt, a blizzard of tarragon for taste, then oregano for the hell of it. Oh yeah, and a tsp of my secret ingredient: homemade apple chutney for zing! Stir, stir, and stir again til the buggr bubbles with glee. Twenty minutes. Done. Tuck in.:mrgreen:

Working late over the allotment tonight so Mrs Mottie made her dinner and left mine to be cooked when I got in. Shepherds pie & greens. I CBA to plate it up, just added the greens and gravy to the pie dish.

IMG_0790.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Mrs Mottie is on late childminding duties so it’s pie 'n' Chips for me. No plate. No cutlery. Brown sauce. Hot meat and sauce down my shirt. £6.80 which I thought was a bit expensive.

IMG_0794.jpeg

I had to pay on my phone - I literally only had a fiver and a few coins in my pocket. I’d expect a small fish 'n' chips for that price.

Mrs Mottie is on late childminding duties so it’s pie 'n' Chips for me. No plate. No cutlery. Brown sauce. Hot meat and sauce down my shirt. £6.80 which I thought was a bit expensive.

View attachment 303307
That's a what, 50p pie with 10p's worth of fried potatoe.

Oh you poor thing, & I thought that you projected an image that food was important to you.

To be fair, a pie and chips and one of the best award winning chippies in Lancs (went there a couple of days ago) is 5.50.

I bought a bag of chips in a Chinese carry out last week, it was £2.90. £2fkn90!

I bought a bag of chips in a Chinese carry out last week, it was £2.90. £2fkn90!
I'll see your £2.90 and raise you £1.05. £3.95 for regular chips, £5.50 for a large portion!

This is their menu - don’t know if it’s more expensive online but look at the price of chips. Looks like I was undercharged - my pie and chips should have been £8.80! Maybe they do a smaller portion with a pie? Usually when we have fish & chips from here, one regular portion of chips is too much for Mrs Mottie and I to share - I definitely had a smaller portion last night. I'm up at 4.00am 'cos I’m hungry!

Last edited:
We ate in at that place in Lancs the other day, and the price they quoted on the menu was for unlimited chips.

These prices are last year's. The large haddock and unlimited chips I had was £11.00

Screenshot_20230513-064043.png

Sponsored Links
Back