What have you had for dinner

Sponsored Links
I'll see your £2.90 and raise you £1.05. £3.95 for regular chips, £5.50 for a large portion!

Local offers small, regular and large haddock. F&C was planned for today's dinner, but - Company, she just found, offers free F&C lunch once per month for all employees, so she didn't want F&C today after all. She just collected a regular F&C for me to have, with the intention to share the chips - they always supply far too large a portion. I do the mushy peas at home, from a tin - adding some water. I find them far too dry, straight from the tin. Just half a tin, the rest go in the freezer for the following week. She doesn't like peas of any variety. Cost of regular fish (haddock) and chips - £7-50.

They do pensioners special, small fish, chips and peas or curry, at around £5.

I worked in a chippy about 35 years ago. Then, a portion of chips was £0.40, fish £1.00 and you guessed it, a supper was £1.40. Now, picking a local chippy at random, they charge £2.50 for a regular portion of chips, £6.20 for fish, £8.20 for a supper. So based on the supper, a rise of £6.80 over 35 years or approx. 19p a year.

Eyes bigger than my belly. But it's healthy
20230713_155849.jpg

Sponsored Links
You’re going to come home the size of a tank judging by the grub you’re putting away over there.

I was thinking there are some large dinners going on here, then I remembered some people call their evening tea 'dinner' :p

You’re going to come home the size of a tank judging by the grub you’re putting away over there.

I have put on weight, I've tried eating healthy

Drinking too much beer hasn't helped.

I have put on weight, I've tried eating healthy

Drinking too much beer hasn't helped.
Putting on weight after a serious illness isn't necessarily a bad thing...in the right places, of course.:cautious:

Putting on weight after a serious illness isn't necessarily a bad thing...in the right places, of course.:cautious:

You are right.

I lost near on 3 stone. Put back on a stone and I'm comfortable with that. Mainly down to the beer I'm filling out around the belly again.

On the day I was told that they will stop my cancer treatment as not to aggravate my liver
I was told I have type 2 diabetes. That in its self is reason enough to put down the beer.

I know I must sound a complete mess :D but I really do feel healthier than I've done for years. I just need to be stricter with myself on the Beer .

Pukka bit of grub tonight for Mrs Motties birthday. Pukka bloody price too!

Crab starter followed by a lamb chop. It was very, very nice.

IMG_1457.jpeg

IMG_1458.jpeg

IMG_1460.jpeg

Chicken Kiev, chips, a sweetcorn and a little salad. I usually enjoy my Kievs, but not this time - it was reformed chicken. Her Avril bought the wrong ones in Aldi, last time she was there. She's away for a couple of days, visiting reli's, and I just could be bothered with any serious cooking, and I wasn't that hungry anyway, I'd made myself one of my rare cooked, greasy breakfasts earlier - spam, egg, beans and fried potatoes.

Which means a long weekend off for me, relaxing, until she gets back, and we can crack on again, with the many two-handed jobs around the place.

Chicken Kiev, chips, a sweetcorn and a little salad. I usually enjoy my Kievs, but not this time - it was reformed chicken. Her Avril bought the wrong ones in Aldi, last time she was there. She's away for a couple of days, visiting reli's, and I just could be bothered with any serious cooking, and I wasn't that hungry anyway, I'd made myself one of my rare cooked, greasy breakfasts earlier - spam, egg, beans and fried potatoes.

Which means a long weekend off for me, relaxing, until she gets back, and we can crack on again, with the many two-handed jobs around the place.
Me too I hate them born again chickens

Sponsored Links
Back