What housing do Aurora AU-GUF4011 Bulbs Use?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Have recently moved into a place and need to replace some AU-GUF4011 bulbs. Unfortunately the main part of the housing is still in the ceiling but the clips with the springs that hold the bulbs in place are missing. Does anyone know what they're called or where I can buy replacements?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Do you mean these? Photos might help

mr16-lamp-retaining-clip-accessory-250x200.jpg

Sponsored Links
That looks like part of the light fitting, nothing to do with the lamp.

If you can pull a fitting down gently you may be able to find a manufacturers name/model number but it looks like a terrible design.

Does the lamp not stay in place without that spring around it?

It might be easier to just find a washer that fits around the cap of the lamp and drill some holes for some little springs

This is what the light looks like when in the ceiling. The previous picture shows the inner ring part, which screws in, so I don't think I would be able to replace just with any washer.

ncpYEuL.jpg

If that bottom ring stays in place without the spring/washer, then I wouldn't worry about it. It looks like it's just to hold the lamp into the ring, which isn't strictly necessary.

No, that whole part holds the light bulb into the fitting. Here's what it looks like without that part. The bulb just hangs out.

xiROLJL.jpg

Last edited:
Oh I didn't realise it was the ENTIRE white ring, I thought it was just the springs and washer that were missing.

Yea, as Rocky has said, you're gonna have to replace the entire fitting. May as well replace them with something more current whilst you are, either LED GU10 lamps, or just an entire LED fitting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back