What if Corbyn was in charge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do you honestly think things would be different now.

Imagine tomorrow Corbyn takes over. Do you think things would actually change for the better?

What do you think he would 'fix' first. Let's leave Brexit out it creates too much fighting.

Sponsored Links
How do you honestly think things would be different now.

Imagine tomorrow Corbyn takes over. Do you think things would actually change for the better?

What do you think he would 'fix' first. Let's leave Brexit out it creates too much fighting.

Im not sure how things would change. My worry is that Corbyn is a lifelong protester, Im not sure whether he could be a successful leader.

Its one thing having ideas, its another csrrying them out.

Personally I feel Corbyn lives in a bubble, his ideas are good, but he would be faced with huge opposition and he would need to be devious to get any change. He doesnt like his policies being scrutinised.

In theory Corbyn could make things better, he could end austerity, end PIP, universal credit, increase corporation tax and end tax loopholes - which all might reduce inequality.......which has risen under the Tories.

Do you think things would actually change for the better?

More like change for the worst! I don't think Corbyn is a good politician and I don't like his style or approach to politics.

I think Corbyn has great morals. I like so much what he says but agree with Notchy he lives in a bubble.

Sponsored Links
I think Corbyn has great morals. I like so much what he says but agree with Notchy he lives in a bubble.

The powers that be won't allow a Corbyn Government.
Corbyn like Boris prizes loyalty over ability.
This explains why Diane Abbot is still in there and why Boris's cabinet is full of loonies, but as Brexit is no 1 priority then that is something that has to be put up with in the short term.

Other than offering free sweets to schoolkids (ooh didn't Nick Clegg try something similar) Corbyn has no policies and even Labour supporters agree he would bankrupt the country within six months. He wont be elected.

Personally I feel Corbyn lives in a bubble, his ideas are good, but he would be faced with huge opposition
The 'powers that be' would never allow his policies to happen because they would affect them...

Hence the 'stop corbyn at all costs' policy...

And the continued 'anti semitism' rhetoric in the (mainly) right wing media whilst ignoring 'anti islamic' behaviour in the tory party is designed to prevent him ever getting into power.

Having said that, although he has some good policies I don't think he is PM material...

However we already have bojo in that position, so all bets are off!

I’d be about £20-30k a year poorer from a tax perspective.

I’d expect more tax on my pensions and property

Public sector would be back to wasting money on stupid project again

I genuinely expect another state to have a go. Spain, Russia, Argentina etc. as I don’t think he’s got any fight in him.

My kids might get to spend less going to uni but then see first point raised.

Sponsored Links
Back