What is DIN rail?

I've just read through the above.
The guy has been asking questions for some time and, like a number of other people who post, has getting abused by unwarranted comments. There are no stupid questions only stupid answers. If you dont want to respond then leave it out. The real question is'nt whether he should ask a particular type of question but if you have the good will and generosity to allow someone to learn at their own speed and in their own way.
As for the only bantering feebleness, if you guy's are such rough and toughies then go on a building site and banter with a 6-2" ex-marine who is learning to be a bricklayer. It's not going to happen! So, as he said, dont hide and make snide comments.
So shame on you for abusing such a wonderful facility as these sites provide for teaching and learning, if you are real men then stand up and apologise and get on with doing what you often do quite well - helping.

Sponsored Links
in the world of software channels on irc there is a rather common expression RTFM (read the f*cking manual) which essentially what most of the responders here are saying

i have been on both sides of this one and can see it from both perspectives

on the one hand a new subject can be so daunting that its hard to know where to start with the manual

on the other hand i know that if you spoonfeed newbies every bit of information they wan't they will just keep asking similar questions over and over again because they have never been pushed to read the manual

btw i consider it a farce that our de-facto standard for wiring is not availible at a price most diyers would be prepared to pay but thats another story

imo standards should be free to download free to copy and availible in printed form for the cost of thier printing and distribution.

tim00

Don't you think my suggestion worthy?

That if tom wants to learn, he could do worse than have a stab at answering his own questions first, then learn if he is correct or not?

As a newbie trainee or whatever, it won't matter if he gets a few questions wrong - the important thing is he will be having a go himself, which has to be a good thing.

You never learn effectively when just asking questions all the time.

err im saying nowt :)
exept im now learning by this lot pushing me in the right direction :)
cheers guys
they dont give you all the answers you have to get off your a*se and find them :)

btw my old man was a 5-8 brickie and would have frightened you to death
could hit a fly with a 4lb hammer at twenty paces

bring on the marines as for being annon look in the profile :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Where do you get off? The casual attempts at patronising people is breathtaking. Since when were any of you appointed to set yourselves up and over anyone using the site? Since when were you asked to devise schemes of instruction? If someone wants to know something either tell them or leave it out. You seem to have been asked politely and thanked politely. Why not reply politely?
Back to the building site: can you imagine just how long you would last on site if you attempted to patronise any worker who asked an innocent question and then attempted to defend yourself by claiming that you were only imposing a special method of learning that was ultimately for the workers own good? Dream on. It's known as an ego trip and your response would be a trip that involved sex and travel.
Having said that, plugwash and kev i've learned much from your contributions. Kev an e-mail address is still annon.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back