what is pitch roofing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey guys newbie here,i dont know a lot about these kinds of things.so i need some info from you about some things.we are moving out and we already found a house we like and already made an offer.this morning the survey came back from the house we wanted,and it said there that the pitch roofing needs replacing or repair,and some brick works as well in diff parts of the house.so my first question is

1.what is pitch roofing?
2.does it cost a lot to have it done?
3.brickworks does it cost a lot do you think?
4.is it a major work or a minor one?

actually were gonna see the owners of the house and try them to have it fixed or have the house price lowered a little bit.thanks in advance for your answers..

Sponsored Links
well the surveyor said that it just needs repair or putting a new one in coz it hasnt been change i think for the last 33 yrs.the brick work is in diff parts of the house something about repointing or something.the roof is made of tiles, red ones.we went to see the owners and they said the survey is only a recomendation.there's no leaks or anything.o and some parts of the roof already lost its red color or have faded away.

from my seat, it sounds like only moderate repair work.

localised re-pointing is regarded as maintenance as is the replacement of individual tiles.

Sponsored Links
1- Pitch roofing can be tar bituminous applied hot normally with a mop from a kettle on the roof

2- Pitched roof can be tapered insulation VERY expensive

Is this the main roof, or a seperate roof over an extension or lean to?

main roof of a end terraced house,well i found out some of the brickwork just needs pointing.

thanks for all your answers guys ...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back