What is the biggest issue currently facing your street?

We were given the choice some time ago, in a vote, to change from sacks to bins. If we went with the bins then collections would reduce from weekly to fortnightly as it takes longer to collect bins than sacks.
I don't even remember being offered a choice, it was such a long time ago. We went straight from the old galv bins, to the wheelie version and it suites us just fine. I built a lean to shed for the lad to store his motorbike, then when he left it became a perfect bin hiding store, for the three bins. Much easier wheeling those down the drive, than carrying heavy metal bins, I just wish the binmen would remember to put them back where they found them, rather than where suites them :(

There are a variety of house designs in the street, all with smaller front gardens, but some (unlike me) lack access to the rear, except through two side doors to the rear - which means they store their bins in the front garden.

We also wouldn't be able to put out more than one bin of waste a fortnight.

I/we always found the one bin of each general/recycle much more than adequate, but if you want extras, or larger ones you only have to ask the council and explain why you need larger, such as a family.

Sponsored Links
Every house is doing bloody building works for some reason! Builders are at it from 8 every frikkin morning!
Cars are an issue as those who do not live on our street come round and park here and then those of us who live here struggle to find parking.You also have to park really close to the kerb. Otherwise, vans go down at full speed ( despite multiple humps ) and damage parked cars.

Sponsored Links
Back