What is this tool called?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am putting a telly on the wall and need to buy the tool that can check what is behind the plasterboard (electrical wires, wood, pipes etc) so I can plan how to conceal the tv wires. It is a handheld device and usually makes a noise when it detects something behind the wall.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Graeme said:
It is a handheld device and usually makes a noise when it detects something behind the wall.
p4170613_m.jpg

:?:

Sponsored Links
Thanks Kevplumb, there is a screwfix right across the road from my work so I will pick that up tomorrow,

Cheers :cool:

In my opinion Graham, softus was only semi joking,(if at all) i have never found these detectors very accurate.

This does it. It's expensive, but it works, whereas most cheap ones are, well, cheap and don't work.

oilman said:
It's expensive, but it works...
B*gger me! For that price it'd have to do a lot more than just detect joists. :eek:

For example, does it perform intimate 'favours' for tradesmen? :evil:

It does, it detects wires, plastic water pipes, and shows depth. From a professional piont of view, you only need one instance of not drilling into a water pipe to pay for it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back