What Labour Have Done For Us.

You`ve all got such short term views that you blame the last one in :LOL:
Tepted as I am to start at Cromwell, I think that Pitt would be more appropriate since it was he who introduced income tax.

Sponsored Links
Now please don't get me wrong. I am NOT a political animal. I find both good and bad in all political parties and policies.

What have they done to this country? Your responses can be both negative and positive.
They should be in the Dock...along with dozens of others .Thatcher Wilson Heath, Not Churchill of course. Chamberlin etc. :rolleyes: You`ve all got such short term views that you blame the last one in :LOL:

churchill? who caused the 1926 general strike :rolleyes:

But without Churchill we wouldn`t have won the Falklands

Sponsored Links
churchill? who caused the 1926 general strike :rolleyes:

Perhaps we missed out that part at my school, but would you mind explaining exactly how he caused the general strike?

From what I recall, the General Strike happened because coal became less profitable.

Coal had become less profitable because Germany mechanised its coal industry in order to provide France with coal as war reparations. This "free coal" drove coal prices down, and mechanisation drove it down further. We couldn't compete in the export markets as our mandraulic mining machine was too expensive.

Sure, they could have invested public money in coal, but as mines were private companies, that would be about as corrupt a use of public money as the taxpayer propping up banks and building societies... :confused:

he cut miners wages, at the time was the chancellor as far as im aware

Now please don't get me wrong. I am NOT a political animal. I find both good and bad in all political parties and policies.

FLIPPINeck, with this in mind (AND WITH NO WISH TO HAVE THIS THREAD LOCKED) can you tell me why you feel this way (others who feel the same way can, of course, contribute):

"brown and his cabinet should be brought before the courts for treason for what they have done to this country..........."

What have they done to this country? Your responses can be both negative and positive.
to be honest securespark amongst other things my biggest bug bare is the way they have let immigration get out of hand . by opening the flood gates and letting any tom dick and harry in to the uk as put an enormous strain on the social fabric of our society . remember that i wrote "flood gates" i do have personal experience of immigration .my wife's parents were Italian and came to the uk in the late 40s and i miss them both but its in my job that i don't like a lot of what i see the more i see the more i don't like .voting lab , tories , or libs no longer appeals to me and the BNP is a none starter . also the last straw was not having a vote on the EU constitution !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Back