What NOT to do with sealant

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was pondering the human condition this evening, atop my porcelaine study. I happened to notice that there was evidence of a very slight leak at the point where the pipe enters my toilet cistern. So, I reached back and noticed the connector was eversoslightly damp. Glancing around the room, I was pleased to find there was a tube of Fernox LSX within reach.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with LSX, this is a very good type of sealant that is designed specifically for fixing burst pipes and leaks. Great stuff to keep in your toolbox. And very, VERY sticky. It is the superglue of sealants, and is not removed by water even when fresh from the tube (well durr!)

So, I decided the best way to fix the drip whilst enthroned, was to squeeze a load of LSX onto my fingers, then reach back and liberally apply it to the general area of the leak. Made quite a nice job of it.

Then I ran out of thoughts to think, so it was time to leave my bainial library. I then found out that toilet paper sticks VERY well to a hand that is entirely coated in LSX. And by now BOTH of my hands were coated with the LSX :oops: I won't go into every detail, but I am sure you can imagine the situation!

Afterwards I was grateful that I hadn't managed to glue my buttocks together with the stuff. Would have been immensely funny, but still! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
:LOL: you do get yourself into sticky situations!
reminded me about the time i was painting and got more gloss paint on my hands than on the job, without thinking i picked up the bottle of brush cleaner/paint stripper and doused my hands in it and rubbed them together as you would with soap and then seconds later my brain responding to signals from my hands telling me that they were on fire and glowing bright red! after flushing them under the tap for what seemed like ages the skin on my hands was so sore and inflamed and the pain! luckily i was close to the taps otherwise i reckon i'd have no skin left on them :LOL:

Nature has given us the ultimate fiddle toy whilst we sit there, it's much better to stick with that rather than get stuck to it.

fitter said:
Nature has given us the ultimate fiddle toy whilst we sit there, it's much better to stick with that rather than get stuck to it.

?????

But Toilet roll holders are boring.

:LOL:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back