What qualifacations are required to be alarm installer?

Do you read threads or just jump in feet 1st? Youve followed me to this thread, where I have posted, and made comments that have nothing to do with the lads thread!!!

Well done you have spotted the forums resident troll. :D

Strangely his antics go unpunished (in terms of him receiving a ban)

You are likely on his target list now and will be stalked ad infinitum.

Sponsored Links
Slap?
Nah, why would I do that?

Must say though, living in a glass house and throwing stones is a dangerous game :p

Sponsored Links
Do you read threads or just jump in feet 1st? Youve followed me to this thread, where I have posted, and made comments that have nothing to do with the lads thread!!!

Well done you have spotted the forums resident troll. :D

Strangely his antics go unpunished (in terms of him receiving a ban)

You are likely on his target list now and will be stalked ad infinitum.

Very amusing tho.. Im happy with him lol

Sorry to drag up my old thread.

But i want to know what exactly to take up in college to be a alarm fitter/engineer?

Say i went out and installed an alarm when i was 18 , how do i become NSI gold or SSAIB registered. What do they look for , require from me.

Please can i have answers, as certain people was falling over them selves about my age

Thanks Nathan

You are best approaching an approved co, and training as an apprentice. No point doing nvq's first, we had one, and he hadn't a clue in the real world. Getting a cable from a to b isn't as straight forward as it sounds ;)

Especially when the Rio/Node is at Z.
But did we not suggest some in this previously?

Setting up as NSI/SSAIB from nothing takes time and perseverence, or you buy a company.
Your 18 in a while yet so have the time to persevere.

One thing to do is to learn the basics of electricity, electrical circuits and electronic components. While they may not be needed for installing an alarm system they will be of great value in fault finding equipment and systems which will make you more useful as an alarm engineer.

Experiment with 12 volt circuits and simple electronic items to get experience and proof of the theory. For example use a transistor to switch a 2 watt lamp bulb on and off under control of a mechanical switch in series with a say 10K resistor to learn exactly how a transistor works. Measure the currents and voltages in the circuit and see how they fit the theory.

Lol, my first one was a basic diy micromark 7 with 2 zones a pir and dc and a red and black wire siren just like a panels loud speaker . No sab or battery back up. You could defeat the whole panel in about 25 seconds. Unplug the transformer and the 9v supermarket battery and your in lol

You're supposed to put the transformer somewhere you can't get to unless you're already 'in' :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back