What qualifacations are required to be alarm installer?

Sponsored Links
It seems like things are not as they first appear with this '14 year old boy'.

The pro's have sussed him out!

Sponsored Links
17th edition spark here, and completed FIA training Units 1&4. Reems of manufacture training. Thats working for an NSI GOLD installer.

Not a flash in the pan chancer ;)

In defence of said 14year old lad, i was dabbling with electrics and circuit boards, sound to light circuits with Thyristors etc, and i certainly had a good understand of mains voltages, earthing and various circuits.

I would say it's naive to underestimate a 14yearold for sure. They mave have no common sense but..he could well be technically better than you!

Exactly. I installed a few alarms when I was 14, installed electrical equipment, repaired TV's...

I got some bellbox labels printed on clear film for about 60p per sheet at a local printer. They're still looking ok on my parents house.

Thank you festive =) you have hit the nail on the head exactly. Now do you see what i mean alumni? I dont have a clue why but Alarms just seem to intrest me as i have just been given a TexeCom Veritas R8 pre2000

Lol, my first one was a basic diy micromark 7 with 2 zones a pir and dc and a red and black wire siren just like a panels loud speaker . No sab or battery back up. You could defeat the whole panel in about 25 seconds. Unplug the transformer and the 9v supermarket battery and your in lol

Thank you festive =) you have hit the nail on the head exactly. Now do you see what i mean alumni? I dont have a clue why but Alarms just seem to intrest me as i have just been given a TexeCom Veritas R8 pre2000
See what you mean?
Frankly, no.

But then how could anyone when you avoid clarifying any questions.

I also was an alarm fanatic at an early age, qualifications give a level of confidence to others including employees, go down the City & Guilds route if you can.

Alarm installation is so much more than putting boxes on walls, those who know the job will understand this.

Good luck, its a great craft to be in.

With regards to kids and electronics, cut him some slack. I went to a breakdown on a friends boiler a few years back. Pcb had gone. 12 year old son of mate was over my shoulder, pcb full of diodes, resistors etc, kid had a good look over pcb, pointed out what / where the fault was and also how and what the imparticulary circuit was doing. Sent pcb off for testing. Kid was spot on!!!

Oh did I mentionhe had autism?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back