What replacement downlight transformer do I need?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have 4 spotlights, each with a transformer. This one is not working. Looking at it I am confused as to what I need to replace it with.

http://www.screwfix.com/c/electrical-lighting/transformers/cat840844

Thank you.

transformer_zpsovqjihrq.jpg

Sponsored Links
This will do the job for you Enlite Electronic Transformer 20-60VA

As will any of the other 20-60VA models listed there (I just chose that one because a) enlite are a good brand and b) it was the cheapest) if that one isn't in stock in your store.

Cue the transformer pedantry, even though the question has been answered

Sponsored Links
Interesting looking at the range, the original was 10 ~ 60W so you could use a 10W LED lamp, but there were non listed on the page with less than 20 watt/VA in fact Screwfix sell this LED lamp which states it needs a 50 Hz supply (see writing on picture), and non of the units offered to power lamps give out 50 Hz.

These transformers will work with both tungsten and LED lamps. this one would also likely work with both tungsten and LED lamps, it is not 50 Hz but it does go 0 ~ 50W not 20 ~ 60W so likely will work with LED lamps.

Why Screwfix do not sell power supplies which go from zero I don't know, at some time tungsten will likely disappear from the shelves so it would make sense to get a replacement able to work with LED lamps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back