What skirting and internal doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

New to the forum, not sure if this is the best section to post this but i've just bought my first house (end terrace built around 1975) which im completely renovating.. I'm about to buy internal doors for upstairs along with all new skirtings and facings. Trouble is i cant quite decide what to go for! Was thinking about pine and was after some opinions... The rest of the house is going to be quite modern and contemporary in design/decoration. Oak doors and skirting would be nice but i need about 50m of skirting and almost the same in facings so its a bit pricey. I may still have oak downstairs though.

Can i use pine and create a modern/contemporary look? Would varnish or oil be best? most wall colours will be neutral but i might add some grey in one or two rooms. Guess the other options are white mdf, hardwood or splash out and have oak in the hallway but then mdf on the inside (bedrooms)

Any help / opinions much appreciated!
Thanks
Dennis

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back