What the hell!!!

Sponsored Links
yes your right although it does read as though its about plastic or atleast i thought i saw plastic mentioned.

yes he is able to carcass it and have it tested by a corgi, anyone can install gas provided they are competent ie plumb dumb can install but not charge labour, the tester can then charge for it and divvy up later on the shhh
what is competent so corgi will try and say someone who has passed acs, legally anyone can provided there are no leaks/defects breach of regulations as the any of teh above would prove to be incompetent so if mr dumb installed and all was ok with it free from labour then mr corgi cant do jack 5hit about it as they would have to prove it to be incompetent.
thats why they passed the buck by stating must be free from labour charges, aint nothing special about 15mm copper for gas and 15 mm copper for water, hence further legal parametres of not allowed to make final connection as it presumed to be immediate gas.

doyle said:
yes your right although it does read as though its about plastic or atleast i thought i saw plastic mentioned.

yes he is able to carcass it and have it tested by a corgi, anyone can install gas provided they are competent ie plumb dumb can install but not charge labour, the tester can then charge for it and divvy up later on the shhh
what is competent so corgi will try and say someone who has passed acs, legally anyone can provided there are no leaks/defects breach of regulations as the any of teh above would prove to be incompetent so if mr dumb installed and all was ok with it free from labour then mr corgi cant do jack 5hit about it as they would have to prove it to be incompetent.
thats why they passed the buck by stating must be free from labour charges, aint nothing special about 15mm copper for gas and 15 mm copper for water, hence further legal parametres of not allowed to make final connection as it presumed to be immediate gas.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This Doyle chap is clearly;

- either so intelligent that he thinks faster than he can punctuate
- or a d***head

It is not OK for an unqualified person to install new gas carrying pipework inside a domestic dwelling not inhabited by them with the intention of getting it signed off and connected later by a CORGI registered person.

This is assuming the pipework installed has joints in it (eg: not Tracpipe).

Sponsored Links
scatmanjohn said:
Ring the number and tell them whats been going on and tell them you think you got a slight wiff of gas as you was walking past the house.

Then just wait for the transco van to pull up (very quickly so don't blink).
So it's OK to lie and manipulate to get what you want out of someone?

Softus said:
scatmanjohn said:
Ring the number and tell them whats been going on and tell them you think you got a slight wiff of gas as you was walking past the house.

Then just wait for the transco van to pull up (very quickly so don't blink).
So it's OK to lie and manipulate to get what you want out of someone?

If you considered yourself/family/property to be in danger, then .....yep

scatmanjohn said:
And what if it turned out that you'd been wrong, and that you'd acted hastily, and that an explosion occurred somewhere else as a result of you falsely diverting attention away from a deserving problem?

Softus said:
scatmanjohn said:
And what if it turned out that you'd been wrong, and that you'd acted hastily, and that an explosion occurred somewhere else as a result of you falsely diverting attention away from a deserving problem?

Yeh but...no but...and what if it turned out your suspisions were correct but you failed to act upon them and you and your children died a horrible death under HUGE pile of rubble that you once called home.

Then what...eh ;)

scatmanjohn said:
Yeh but...no but...and what if it turned out your suspisions were correct but you failed to act upon them and you and your children died a horrible death under HUGE pile of rubble that you once called home.
I'm not advocating a failure to act, just taking the right course of action instead of the wrong one.

I get the feeling that you're being deliberately obtuse.

Since the wrong thing that I've been talking about is lying about the situation, then clearly the right thing would be to not lie about it. The honest options have been quite well covered earlier in the topic.

scatmanjohn said:
You have misread the tone of the post (i admit i have had a few cans though :p )
Okey dokey - it was only a feeling. Sorry for that - no offence meant.

That's good, but my point remains, which is that honesty is the best policy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back