What the hell!!!

I really cannot be harrised to plough through this.

can someone give me a potted history and where it ended up

Cor Blimey I aint half lazy aint I

:)

Sponsored Links
simond said:
This Doyle chap is clearly;

- either so intelligent that he thinks faster than he can punctuate
- or a d***head

It is not OK for an unqualified person to install new gas carrying pipework inside a domestic dwelling not inhabited by them with the intention of getting it signed off and connected later by a CORGI registered person.

This is assuming the pipework installed has joints in it (eg: not Tracpipe).

simond

NEVER GIVE PERSONAL ATTACK UPON MYSELF UNLESS IN BANTER, ONLY GENITAL FEATURED FOREHEAD I SEE IS YOURS. I SUPPOSE YOUR ONE OF THOSE GUYS LIKE TROUBLE VIA PC WHERE YOU CANT GET HURT IN REAL LIFE.

Sponsored Links
doyle said:
simond said:
It is not OK for an unqualified person to install new gas carrying pipework inside a domestic dwelling not inhabited by them with the intention of getting it signed off and connected later by a CORGI registered person.

NEVER GIVE PERSONAL ATTACK UPON MYSELF UNLESS IN BANTER, ONLY GENITAL FEATURED HEAD I SEE IS YOURS
Although I don't always agree with simond, in the case he is utterly right.

And you, doyle, are, erm, very intelligent. ;)

Softus said:
doyle said:
simond said:

NEVER GIVE PERSONAL ATTACK UPON MYSELF UNLESS IN BANTER, ONLY GENITAL FEATURED HEAD I SEE IS YOURS
Although I don't always agree with simond, in the case he is utterly right.

And you, doyle, are, erm, very intelligent. ;)

complete nonsense person competent can install installation pipes in property belonging to them or any other persons provided they do not charge labour, it becomes an offence when labour is charged as there is insufficient evidence upon competence level to install (defects prove incompetence ect)
take it up with corgi ask them i already have prior to undertaking acs.
persons can still install own cooker even provided they are competent.
you tell me what define competent a corgi registered halfwit leaving gas leaks or a unregistered half wit leaving gas leaks.

bing bang bosh dont tell me otherwise until youve spoken to corgi themselves.

acs course provider comments.

persons can install in property provided they are competent and can charge parts and vat only. use of correct materials and must be free from defects is measurement to competence........given this are you sure you wish to continue with debate.

doyle said:
complete nonsense person competent can install installation pipes in property belonging to them
Not so for a rented property.

...or any other persons provided they do not charge labour, it becomes an offence when labour is charged
It has nothing to do with charging.

as there is insufficient evidence upon competence level to install (defects prove incompetence ect)
This appears to be a regurgitation of some things you've read that happen to be inaccurate.

take it up with corgi ask them i already have prior to undertaking acs.
CORGI has nothing to do with what's legal and what isn't.

persons can still install own cooker even provided they are competent.
That is true.

you tell me what define competent a corgi registered halfwit leaving gas leaks or a unregistered half wit leaving gas leaks.
Competent is whatever a court deems it to be in the circumstances. There is no strict definition in the context of gas work, other than the English language definition.

acs course provider comments.
... are irrelevant, because they don't make the law either.

fact corgi are the regulating body that bring about prosecution of persons responsible for unsafe installation.

true corgi do not write the supply the mandatory requirements to be passed as law.

rented property is a class of its own and has no relevence in who can conduct work in genral households, persons who test and certifies workmanship has sole responsibility for the installation no matter whom installed it regardless of whether they are registered corgi or not and installer SHOULD BE corgi registered.

no i am not corgi i can and have worked on rented property it is legal so nerrrr.........................

Fact CORGI do not prosecute, they advise HSE who decide whether to prosecute.

This is coming straight from my genitals - which are larger than yours.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back