What to coat garden bench with

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mother has a garden bench which was varnished by my father many years back, now as it was getting tatty my niece sanded it down for her but we don’t know what to use, she is not looking for paint or dyes, so any advice please ?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Check out Sadolin wood treatments.....they are up with the best out there and you will need to treat it with something.
John

Basically they are just soak in stain, but they are good - you get what you pay for.
Avoid any sort of varnish - the water will get underneath, and the darker stains are probably best......but of course you can't lighten things up again once done!
John :)

Sponsored Links
Agree with the oil or you can use a Danish oil which is an oil that has a varnish mixed in so it is a bit more durable but still soaks in. You can get various branded ones like osmo and Rustin's.

I have found Sadolin extra durable wood stain to be very effective on wooden garden furniture. It's still there on a garden bench after seven years. The wood needs to be properly prepared.

Blup

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back