What To Put Between New Wall And Mud in Garden?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First time building wall. Selling house need it to look nice. What do I need to do now that I want to fill the gap between the wall and earth? Some people say add a DPC, some say no DPC just drill drainage holes at bottom of wall and fill gap with mud, others say fill gap with old concrete pieces etc...

I need the cheapest and fastest way to do this.

Thanks.

35mk3gh.jpg

wk5wjo.jpg

Sponsored Links
What you should have done is to build in some drainage holes along the bottom, say short pieces of 32 or 40mm PVC waste to discharge onto patio.
Then wrap some terram membrane or similar into the space behind the wall and fill with old pieces of concrete, stones, etc to allow drainage.

What you should have done is to build in some drainage holes along the bottom, say short pieces of 32 or 40mm PVC waste to discharge onto patio.
Then wrap some terram membrane or similar into the space behind the wall and fill with old pieces of concrete, stones, etc to allow drainage.

40mm diameter pipes? That's like half the height of the bricks. I thought you only needed small holes for drainage?

Throw that tarpaulin over it.

Around the wall or the whole house?

Sponsored Links
Just back fill it with what you have and then level that soil out.

It's engineers, and not high enough to need drainage via weep pipes or holes or anything.

You need to cap the top with copings, solid bricks or bricks on edge though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back