What type of health insurance for my elderly mother?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks

My mother is on her mid 70s and her health is deteriorating, and I want to have some sort of health cover for her. The type of cover I am looking for is: Getting seen by a family/hospital doctor asap if she falls ill, i.e. without having to wait in a queue, similarly, if she needs to be operated on or need some sort of medication then this can be done asap without having to wait in a queue. Lastly, if something happens to fall ill at home, I want the ambulance service to give her priority and come to her in order to either give her some sort of medication or take her to hospital asap.

Is there a name given to this type of insurance? If so, can you suggest any reputable insurers?

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Sponsored Links
I just rely on the NHS. I have a few kind of serious illnesses and I don't have to wait in a queue for anything, I mostly get 2 week appointments. I certainly don't understand your comment about a queue for medication, there is no such thing. The only possible delay is that the doctors are still trying to figure out what is wrong.

Sponsored Links
You will have great difficulty getting health insurance for over 70's

I do some work for a fairly wealthy couple in their 70s, over the years they always went to private consultants and clinics, as they got older and their health deteriorated the insurance paid for less and less, they are both back with the NHS now.

Any new health insurance will either not cover existing medical conditions or will seek extortionate premiums. They will expect your mum to declare all illnesses she has ever suffered and may not pay out a claim if a minor ailment was not declared.

Back