What wealthy countries are applying to join the EU

UK has low wage, low skill, poor services because:

1) 40+ years of neo liberalism
2)12 years of Tory austerity
3) decades of privatisation
4) destruction of unions

Not entirely convinced of the above, but it's certainly a factor.

What I'd really say is the lack of proper, indentured apprenticeships combined with quality college education for tradesmen; valuing accountants over experienced design people; the need for short term returns, say <12 months rather than 5 years.
Kids wanting to play with computers rather than Meccano sets or hammer and nails.

Footballers (and football) valued over everyone and everything else.

Lack of personal discipline?

Thinking about the toys I had in the 1960's - Hornby train set (lasted 3 months before I was bored with it) Meccano No.5 set, Phillips Electronic Engineer set, a microscope, Mamod stationary steam engine, where are such toys nowadays?
I even rebuilt a lawnmower with a seized engine (new piston and rings).
Didn't have Lego but a brickies kit was available (complete with miniature bricks, trowels and 're-useable' cement). Also available Junior woodworking toys/kits.

Sponsored Links
All this low carbon bull is literally a smokescreen. While we're obsessing about paying silly money for tree-hugger cars and scrapping our boilers, other EU countries are mining their coal and burning it in coal powered stations with impunity. These countries (eg. Poland, Czech Republic) go on burning coal and wood for power and domestic heat while we martyr ourselves.
Which kind of undermines the brexiteer argument that the EU controls everything and Individual Countries in the EU aren't sovereign :LOL:

All this low carbon bull is literally a smokescreen. While we're obsessing about paying silly money for tree-hugger cars and scrapping our boilers, other EU countries are mining their coal and burning it in coal powered stations with impunity. These countries (eg. Poland, Czech Republic) go on burning coal and wood for power and domestic heat while we martyr ourselves.

Which kind of undermines the brexiteer argument that the EU controls everything and Individual Countries in the EU aren't sovereign :LOL:

The EU's Court of Justice has ordered Poland to pay a daily fine of €500,000 for keeping the Turow coal mine open. Polish Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki has refused to comply with the order.

Sponsored Links
The EU's Court of Justice has ordered Poland to pay a daily fine of €500,000 for keeping the Turow coal mine open. Polish Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki has refused to comply with the order.

This case is about protecting the sovereignty of Czech Republic.

I thought you brexers cared about sovereignty.

I've read it, it says Ellal is wrong, and it says you're wrong.
It proves Ellal is right

It proves I am right

It proves you are wrong

obviously you havent read it, read it again more carefully

Notch is never wrong on the internet...he said so. lol

He's a nutjob pure and simple, not even worth arguing with these days. Black is white, Tories bad Labour good, tractor production is down.

WAFC.

He's a nutjob pure and simple, not even worth arguing with these days. Black is white, Tories bad Labour good, tractor production is down.

WAFC.
Even Tories say Tories are bad

148 Tory MPs say Johnson should go

are they all nut jobs

Sponsored Links
Back